Pattaya Area Beachside Restaurant Investigated for Allegedly Using Public Buoys as Seating

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A beachside restaurant on Krathing Lai Beach near Pattaya is reportedly being investigated for using buoys, which supposedly belong to the public, as chairs.

Local reporters visited the restaurant in question on Soi Sukhumvit Pattaya 6 on March 23rd, 2024, after receiving reports from concerned citizens of the suspicious activity. They found the restaurant appeared to be using a large number of plastic buoys, typically deployed for swimming boundaries and sea barriers, as makeshift chairs for customers.

The buoys are still in good condition, according to the reporters, and they are being offered to the customers of the restaurant who use services there.

The reporters also reported that they saw similar buoys being stored at a nearby rescue center and beach coastline maintenance facility.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-25

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A beachside restaurant on Krathing Lai Beach near Pattaya is reportedly being investigated for using buoys, which supposedly belong to the public, as chairs.

Cannot keep a good Thai entrepreneur down

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The buoys are still in good condition, according to the reporters, and they are being offered to the customers of the restaurant who use services there.

The millionaires must be queuing up to try the fine dining experience... I wonder if the owners will push for a Michelin Star rating his year?

tables.jpg

39 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The millionaires must be queuing up to try the fine dining experience... I wonder if the owners will push for a Michelin Star rating his year?

Yes, when that also start making use of/stealing the old tyres used as bumpers at the docks/ piers.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A beachside restaurant on Krathing Lai Beach near Pattaya is reportedly being investigated

Hard to tell if the tables are on private restaurant property. But the seating area seems rather a large area and likely facing the beach versus facing a road.

So the seating area may be on public beach property. If so, I could see the restaurant owner justifing use of public-owned buoys in a public area by the restaurant. That then begs the question, who authorized such business use for the buoys? Hopefully there will be a quick investigation.

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Hard to tell if the tables are on private restaurant property. But the seating area seems rather a large area and likely facing the beach versus facing a road.

So the seating area may be on public beach property. If so, I could see the restaurant owner justifing use of public-owned buoys in a public area by the restaurant. That then begs the question, who authorized such business use for the buoys? Hopefully there will be a quick investigation.

I think I know the location and it is some distance from Sukhumvit near Hwy 36 flyover...it may even be  a place I used to go some years ago.