Thailand and the Philippines to sign tourism MoU

webfact

image.jpeg

MANILA, 28 March 2024: The Philippines and Thailand should sign the “two-country, one-destination” initiative as early as this June, according to a report by the Philippines News Agency that quoted a reliable diplomatic source.

The PNA report said the two governments would ramp up promotions to encourage two-way tourism and tourists from third countries to visit both Thailand and the Philippines when in Southeast Asia.

“A memorandum of understanding (MOU) on tourism cooperation between Thailand and the Philippines includes the two-country, one-destination concept. One of the priorities outlined in the proposed MoU calls for direct flights between secondary cities in the two countries.

For example, a new route from Cebu to Phuket in Thailand could be developed. That could involve supporting airlines to develop routes that tourists visiting the region could book to visit beach resorts in both countries.

By TTR WEEKLY

Full story: TTR WEEKLY 2024-03-28

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Haha 1

Can't wait to go the Philippines.

Cost of living is better than Thailand and sugar on top is that the gals are hot and everyone speak very good English.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“A memorandum of understanding (MOU) on tourism cooperation between Thailand and the Philippines includes the two-country, one-destination concept. One of the priorities outlined in the proposed MoU calls for direct flights between secondary cities in the two countries.

Is this a covert way of trying to keep Philippine ladyboys at home, by sending tourists over there?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Cost of living is better than Thailand and sugar on top is that the gals are hot and everyone speak very good English.....

It's on my visit list next year... 

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

and the food is rubbish.

Bye bye  👋

And expensive! People don't realize how poor the quality of food in the Philippines is compared to the same in Thailand! Fresh vegetables are a luxury and so is seafood -- which is ridiculous for a nation like Philippines -- an archipelago of 7,000+ islands. Manila is closer to the sea than Bangkok is and yet, seafood prices in Manila's supermarkets are 2-3 times higher! Filipinos eats much more processed food, out of cans, Thais do.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

When I gave up the corporate life, wife and I considered living in the Philippines. She said no thank you.

Our findings were -

Traffic - terrible.

Corruption - terrible

Food - terrible

Infrastructure - terrible

Safety - terrible, especially for females.

Medical - so so.

Most Filipinos are lovely, but the educated ones would get out of the country if they could. And they did.

Holiday there - great.

Live there - sorry, no.

I worked in the Philippines for a short while. This was not a rushed decision.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

and the food is rubbish.

Bye bye  👋

47 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

When I gave up the corporate life, wife and I considered living in the Philippines. She said no thank you.

Our findings were -

Traffic - terrible.

Corruption - terrible

Food - terrible

Infrastructure - terrible

Safety - terrible, especially for females.

Medical - so so.

Most Filipinos are lovely, but the educated ones would get out of the country if they could. And they did.

Holiday there - great.

Live there - sorry, no.

I worked in the Philippines for a short while. This was not a rushed decision.

All that you stated is probably why the Philippines isn't high on most tourist's list.

I would wager to say that half of those visiting the P.I. are overseas Filipinos, Filipinos wives and their foreign husbands, and mongers. 

Discover the Top 10 Most Visited Countries in Asia 2023 (planetasia.org)

• Agree 1