AOT Opens Grab Taxi Service at Suvarnabhumi to Provide More Convenient Travel Options

image.jpeg.74fe3185b492be23b4aca726adcc1

Bangkok, Thailand – March 28, 2024 – Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited (AOT) has partnered with GrabTaxi (Thailand) Co., Ltd. to open a Grab service center at Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK).

The center will provide information, assistance, and a pick-up point for passengers and users of the Grab application. Dr. Kitipong Kitimanawat, President of AOT, said that the opening of the Grab service center is in line with the government's policy to promote Thailand's airports to be among the top 20 in the world.

He said that AOT is committed to providing convenient, fast, and safe transportation options for passengers. Ms. Methinee Anwarakul, Assistant Managing Director for Passenger Business and Driver Partner Management, Grab Thailand, said that Grab is pleased to partner with AOT to provide its services at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

She said that Grab is committed to providing a safe and reliable transportation option for passengers. The Grab service center is located on the first floor of the passenger terminal, Gate 4. It is open 24 hours a day.

Passengers can use the Grab application to call a Grab taxi, Grab car, or Just Grab. They can then pick up their ride at the designated pick-up point. AOT plans to expand the Grab service to other airports in its network in the future**.

airportthai.co.th

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that AOT is committed to providing convenient, fast, and safe transportation options for passengers.

Is this the same AOT that opened Suvarnabhumi with a system that would have required arriving passengers to take a bus to a remote transportation center in order to get a taxi, because they wanted to try to force people to use AOT's own "limousine" service? And that then had to hurriedly backtrack after the public outcry and set up taxi dispatchers at card tables on the pavement outside of the arrivals area?

And the same AOT that installed giant rotating turnstiles at the departures level to prevent people from walking out to get into incoming taxis?

Yeah, I thought so.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'm not sure of that will be a big improvement, as the current system (pick-up at designated gates) works well. I guess we'll see.

I think this will mostly be of use to people who don't normally use Grab and may not understand how to use the service. For regular users, you're correct that the current system works perfectly fine.

• Thumbs Up 1