Flooding In The Uk

geoffphuket

Here's a 'must' if you're originally from the Uk midlands ....The worst floods for more than a 100 years

A link to the Midlands today program (updates daily, so don't expect to view the same tomorrow!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/e...wm=1&bbwm=1

Pretty grim viewing

geoffphuket

Hi Geoff. Im not to far away from it all, but I have the feeling that the UK has run out of news, Im sure you know what Im saying :o

I live and work right in the middle of it all...

The phone lines have been on and off since Friday, we had about 12 hrs without electrics over the weekend and lots of small outages. Because the main water treatment works for our area has been flooded the water supply has now been contaminated and shut off. No water from the taps, it has to be collected from water bowsers on street corners. Water supply is likely to be off for the next 7-14 days. :D

The water level is due to peak later on, which could see us without power again as the main switching station (for the county)keeps flooding.. and... we are expecting more heavy rain later and tomorrow.. :o

totster :D

Well yes it did rain a bit Friday and I, like many others, got stuck in the chaos that hit the railways.

But it wasn't all bad news, stuck on a train for several hours somewhere east of Birmingham there was a great atmosphere among the passangers, people lending each other there mobile phones to get messaged through, others sharing food and drink they had -spirits where on the whole pretty resigned and possitive.

Things might change, the floods are abating and today in Oxfordshire we had a whole day of sunshine, if we get dry weather again tomorrow we can expect a hose pipe ban.

Doesn't stuff like this happen every year somewhere in Thailand?

Yes it does.. However what marks this different is that it doesn't happen every year in the UK, and certainly not on such an unprecedented scale.

Also, how is this topic related to Thailand? There must be forums in England where English people can go to debate water?

You are quite right of course, this is not really related to Thailand. With this in mind I'll close the topic.

Anyone wishing to keep updated can do so by visiting the BBC website.

Totster :o