Court acquits protesters involved in 2008 seizure of Don Mueang airport

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

hailed it as one of the most significant for several years, as it recognises the right and liberty of people to stage peaceful protests and that the PAD protests were beneficial to the people as a whole.

After the fact and 16 years later....

• Agree 1

Should have thrown the book at them. All PAD members and protesters should have been prosecuted. I was stuck at the airport, and ended up having to sleep on the floor for one night and then spent over  a week stuck in Thailand. My employer also didn't pay me for the time lost. Where's my compensation?

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 1:56 AM, webfact said:

Regarding the siege of the airport, the court ruled that there was no prosecution evidence to prove that any of the 67 defendants had undertaken activities disrupting the operations of the airport or that aeronautical communications had been disrupted.

Just... wow! 

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

Should have thrown the book at them. All PAD members and protesters should have been prosecuted. I was stuck at the airport, and ended up having to sleep on the floor for one night and then spent over  a week stuck in Thailand. My employer also didn't pay me for the time lost. Where's my compensation?

Indeed. 

I was on one of the last flights out, and was stuck in Phnom Penh for several days, until I decided to overland it back.

Lucky that I did, as the airports were closed for about three weeks iirc. 

3 hours ago, rickudon said:

Ohhh so sad.

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 10:37 AM, hotchilli said:

After the fact and 16 years later....

can't rush these things, it takes time to collect the necessary evidence and come to realise that peaceful protest are or should be allowed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

All I can say is Thank You TAT for putting me up in The Hard Rock Hotel for five days.
When I eventually returned to work my boss and collegues thought I was stranded on the airport floor and I was offered time off to recover.