Another's 1st Impressions Of The Airport

nothing to report that hasn't been already mentioned, but perhaps a reiteration will be another prod in the behind for dems in authority (AOT).

I finally got around to visiting the airport for my 1st time. It was a domestic connection via Asia Airways. Right out of the entry tube, the stewardess was pointing for us to go in one or the other direction (she didn't seem to care which way we went). I chose the wrong way and found out several minutes later.

First restroom down the hall had but one pissour with seven guys waiting, so I passed.

long long long walk to concourse. No hassles and very little tout action coming in to the big arrival terminal. Throughout everything, it was cold. Their electric bill for AC must be immense! No place to sit down to look at notes, etc, .indeed I did not see one seat in arrivals - how may people per day are they expecting? ...and not one seat.

It was a relief to get outside to the amibient temperature. A tout outside pestered me a bit to take his taxi, but no big deal. I went inside again to look for assistance in getting to my destination downtown. Found a cheery gaggle women at information kiosk who helped out. bus route to downtown took a long long time (expected) and the scenery was drab (also expected).

final grade: C-

Slightly off topic, but the mother-in-law flew out to Hamburg last month and didn't pay the 700 Baht Passenger service charge. Does anyone know if it's now incorporated into the ticket price - or was she just lucky? She travelled with Emirates.

geoffphuket

geoffphuket i didnt pay the 700thb when i left in april and have since been told that it is now incorporated into the cost of the tickets. i even asked a guy in one of the coffee shops where i was meant to pay and he said 'downstairs on level 2' so even he didnt know that the 700thb wasnt payable any more.

geoffphuket i didnt pay the 700thb when i left in april and have since been told that it is now incorporated into the cost of the tickets. i even asked a guy in one of the coffee shops where i was meant to pay and he said 'downstairs on level 2' so even he didnt know that the 700thb wasnt payable any more.

Thanks donna,

The wife and I both thought she'd slipped through without paying....I'm happy I asked now :o Incorporating the cost into the ticket seems a much more sensible idea anyway

yeah the 700B is priced into the tickets these days .

I found the new airport much better then the old one brahmburgers .

Especially I do like the a bit KL style design for the checkinns. It is in one hall now ,the old

one had to take a long walk to get there . Although i think the interior design is very bad taste , especially for Thailand .

But overall I think the new airport is a big plus for Thailand overall , taken the fact out it is too far from the city I agree .

When I flew out from SUV on the way back to the US on Feb.2, 2007. With the 700 THB on my hand ready to pay a/p tax. To my surprised, the ladies (3 of them) who were minding at the the passage that leads you to the Immigration booths in-side, just waved their hand to allow everyone in, several passengers including me were hesitate because we didn't know what was going on. Finally, they call out loud ...free...free ...free. All the passengers rushed in.

So this practice must has been for quite sometimes now.

When I flew out from SUV on the way back to the US on Feb.2, 2007. With the 700 THB on my hand ready to pay a/p tax. To my surprised, the ladies (3 of them) who were minding at the the passage that leads you to the Immigration booths in-side, just waved their hand to allow everyone in, several passengers including me were hesitate because we didn't know what was going on. Finally, they call out loud ...free...free ...free. All the passengers rushed in.

So this practice must has been for quite sometimes now.

Since february 2007 to be exact.

cheers

onzestan