Convert washing machine to coin operated.

YorkshireTyke

I think your best chance is to drive by some local coin or QR payment operated washing machine places, often there is names and phone numbers or LINE id's of these companies that make them or maintain them. I have seen various ones when I was using them in Bangkok (the last one I saw is very cool; can pay QR code as well it does the powder itself, so nobody can mess up the machine).

But i'm afraid most actually usually sell or lease washing machines as a ready to use one here, never seen people manually converting ones, but it seems to very easy on YouTube to do. Let me know if you know more, i'd like to learn about it. I always liked these self operating devices including snack and drink vending machines.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

9 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

yes, I did look on Lazada but they all seem to be for top loaders.

So true, all I've seen are top loaders. Amorn electronics also sell those boxes. 

Could be interesting. But surely it's the same principle... Just gotta figure out the wiring and programme the machine to 1 cycle. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I want to convert a new LG front load washing machine to be coin operated in Surin.

Anyone have any contacts to do this?

They've got domestic front load coin washing machines at my condo.  I don't use them, I use the one I have in my house.

I see the dial is tapped in position, stopping users from turning the dial to select different wash cycles. 

I'll see if there is a phone number, if there is I'll post it, maybe you can talk with the business owner. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

They've got domestic front load coin washing machines at my condo.  I don't use them, I use the one I have in my house.

I see the dial is tapped in position, stopping users from turning the dial to select different wash cycles. 

I'll see if there is a phone number, if there is I'll post it, maybe you can talk with the business owner. 

That would be great, thanks.

I've seen the front loaders for sale with the coin machine but at a high price.

It isn't for me, I don't live in Surin but my friends village/community. She has just built a modern house on her familys land (all the community have old teak houses)and installed a washing machine outside. Her mother wants to install the coin machine to let the community use it so she can make a few bob !! She's very savvy when it comes to making money, done enough to put two daughters through Uni in BKK through her farming.

3 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

That would be great, thanks.

I've seen the front loaders for sale with the coin machine but at a high price.

It isn't for me, I don't live in Surin but my friends village/community. She has just built a modern house on her familys land (all the community have old teak houses)and installed a washing machine outside. Her mother wants to install the coin machine to let the community use it so she can make a few bob !! She's very savvy when it comes to making money, done enough to put two daughters through Uni in BKK through her farming.

Oh, that's great, your friend can talk to the business owner (I assume they are Thai) once I get the number. 

Give me a couple of days, I should be able to get out there on Monday, once the kids get back to school. 

I'll take a short video for you to show you the set up of equipment. 

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Oh, that's great, your friend can talk to the business owner (I assume they are Thai) once I get the number. 

Give me a couple of days, I should be able to get out there on Monday, once the kids get back to school. 

I'll take a short video for you to show you the set up of equipment. 

Wow, that would be great, thanks. Yes, small Thai community, no English spoken.