Chanthaburi Immi Office

Hi all, I spent years in Korat and Buriram, now back in Oz for a while and plan on living in Chanthaburi when I go back. Can you please let me know what the local Immigration office is like to deal with

I was living in Chao Lao beach for 4 years. Never had a problem in IO.  There are not so many expats. If you bring the required documentation you will have no issue, never saw a queue and with new online 90 report make you a fewer visits to IO. Helpful and polite police. 

Edited by Tarteso
  • Thumbs Up 1

Chanthaburi since March 2011 when the only office was at Pong Nam Ron 60km away, from about 2013 there's the second provincial office conveniently located in the city.

I've never had any problem - and they even answer the phone (!) when I've had inquiries as I was for a few years working short term contracts out of Thailand.

I put a note here about my last in-person 90 day report in February, I was there before opening at 8.30am and out the door 8.32.

Edited by gomangosteen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Well the office at Pong Nam Ron is no longer functional for extensions, re-entry permit or 90 day report. I've never had much problem in 15 years, they wont issue any residency certificate for a drivers license. Never been any suggestion of corruption. I put this down to a constant stream of Thai employers getting piles of Cambodian passports processed. Plenty of opportunity there I would think. Also quite a few Africans, something to do with the gem trade, I cant imagine their paperwork is always in order either. On a good day 10/10 sometimes 7/10. Not that many farangs.

48 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

Thanks for the info, where do you go for residency cert, I'll have to renew licence soon after I return

I asked about a letter confirming residency December last year for new car & motorcycle licences, and also buying a new vehicle. 

A simple 'no, go to your embassy' was the response; I'd had a letter in the past for licences, change of policy. That was five months ago - who knows, could have changed again by now.

Though the good news was DLT / vehicle registration would accept yellow book/ pink non-Thai ID card for both.

Have read that some embassies (incl USA) will no longer issue letters of residence either - go full circle and back to zero.