Line Application - Can you print a "RICH TEXT" from Line or only export text.

I am looking to document a chat message in LINE.   I know it can be exported as a text message but text messages can be altered where as Rich TEXT can not. 
I have googled it and all I get are ways to export the LINE conversation as a text messages.  I don't know if there are any way via a computer, android phone, or APPLE. 

Perhaps someone knows and can share. 

When I have wanted a record of a conversation I have sometimes used a screenshot but that is rather limited in how much can be copied per image,  You can export to a .txt file then convert that to whatever you want, I guess it depend on who is concerned about if or not the file has been altered.  I have Line on my PC but don't see any additional options.

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

I am looking to document a chat message in LINE.   I know it can be exported as a text message but text messages can be altered where as Rich TEXT can not. 
I have googled it and all I get are ways to export the LINE conversation as a text messages.  I don't know if there are any way via a computer, android phone, or APPLE. 

Perhaps someone knows and can share. 

An RTF (rich text format) file uses the same character set as an ordinary text file, but also allows special character sequences that specify more options about the appearance (bold, italic, underlined, strike through) when viewed or printed.  In fact RTF files can be altered just the same as normal text files.

LINE has a place where you can retain messages and photos.... it's called KEEP.

https://help.line.me/line/IOSSecondary/categoryId/20009688/3/pc?lang=en#:~:text=Keep is a storage service,Keep%2C see this Help article.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

LINE has a place where you can retain messages and photos.... it's called KEEP.

Yes I am aware of the keep.  However can you print the narrative in its original form rather than purely as a text document which is less compelling.  

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes I am aware of the keep.  However can you print the narrative in its original form rather than purely as a text document which is less compelling.  

AFAIK LINE only provides a method to save your messages as text.

Do you want to view the saved conversation as a continuous image of the text exchanges?  As a still photo or video clip?

Do you have LINE installed on your desktop/laptop as well as on your phone?

Is your phone Android or Apple?

Is your desk/laptop Windows or Apple?

Each of the different environments you use for LINE will have different capabilities and instructions to do what you require.

For instance, on my Mac, I can record a video of a LINE chat window as I scroll through messages to/from someone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 11:33 AM, gamb00ler said:

AFAIK LINE only provides a method to save your messages as text.

Do you want to view the saved conversation as a continuous image of the text exchanges?  As a still photo or video clip?

Do you have LINE installed on your desktop/laptop as well as on your phone?

Is your phone Android or Apple?

Is your desk/laptop Windows or Apple?

Each of the different environments you use for LINE will have different capabilities and instructions to do what you require.

For instance, on my Mac, I can record a video of a LINE chat window as I scroll through messages to/from someone.

gamb00ler 

I am hoping to record a continual image of text exchanges.  I have LIne both on my Android and on my Windows Laptop. 

12 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

gamb00ler 

I am hoping to record a continual image of text exchanges.  I have LIne both on my Android and on my Windows Laptop. 

What do you mean by "continual image"?  A digital image file like .jpg?

Do you mean a very tall image that is the width of a smartphone?

If it is a long conversation it will be hard to view with normal image apps.

How are you planning to view the image?

On your laptop, you can take multiple screen shots of the LINE chat window and then view them in order like a slide show.

On 4/11/2024 at 2:14 PM, gamb00ler said:

On your laptop, you can take multiple screen shots of the LINE chat window and then view them in order like a slide show.

Yes, the string is lengthy.  I can do that.  It is just cumbersome and I wondered if there was a way to print the entire string without having to take dozens of screenshots. 

1 minute ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes, the string is lengthy.  I can do that.  It is just cumbersome and I wondered if there was a way to print the entire string without having to take dozens of screenshots. 

Thankfully, I've forgotten how to use Windoze.  Is there a Windoze app that will let you record the LINE chat window as you scroll through the conversation you want to save?  You can probably use an arrow key to scroll the LINE chat window as you record it.

I find LINE is not very flexible when it comes to saving or exporting its content.  Users aren't able to easily manage the data that accumulates in LINE.

Courtesy of your friendly Gemini AI: -

Absolutely! There are a couple of ways to achieve this on PC or Android:

1. Taking Scrolling Screenshots (Android):

Several free apps can capture scrolling screenshots on Android. Here's a popular option:

• Longshot: This app lets you capture long web pages or chat conversations as a single image. Simply open Line, navigate to the conversation, and use Longshot to scroll and capture the entire chat in one go.

2. Screen Recording (Android & PC):

This method allows you to record yourself scrolling through the conversation, creating a video. Here's how to do it on both platforms:

• Android: Most Android phones have a built-in screen recorder. Access it through your quick settings panel (swipe down twice from the top) or search for it in your settings app. Open Line, start recording, and scroll smoothly through the conversation.

• PC: Windows 10 and 11 have a built-in screen recorder called "Xbox Game Bar." Open Line on your PC, activate the recorder (usually Windows Key + G), and scroll through the conversation.

3. Third-Party Scrolling Screenshot Apps (PC):

For PC users, there are dedicated scrolling screenshot applications:

• Picsew (Free): This program allows you to take multiple screenshots and stitch them together into one long image. Open Line, take multiple screenshots strategically to capture the conversation, and use Picsew to combine them seamlessly.

4. Considerations for Printing:

• Length: Depending on the chat length, the resulting image or video might be very long for printing. Consider using a service that allows scaling large prints.
  • Quality: Scrolling screenshots might have lower resolution compared to individual screenshots. Ensure the text remains legible when printed.

Recommendation:

• Try both methods (scrolling screenshot vs. screen recording) and see which one produces a clearer and more manageable file for printing as evidence.

Remember, for legal purposes, it's always best to consult with the lawyer handling your case to ensure the format you choose is acceptable as evidence.

• Thanks 2