Move Forward eyes new path to power in Thailand with local elections

webfact

A change in the wind I hope... as the younger generation grow tired of the same old politics and faces, and the bankrupt middle classes change their voting strategy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The old guard won’t last forever there are to many elderly politicians and no matter how much wealth you have it does not buy you good health come the next Election they will almost certainly lose there voters asBob Dylan sang “The Times are a Changing”

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The reformist party won last year’s national election but failed to form a government.

To be clear 

'The reformist party won last year’s national election but was blocked by a military minority coalition to form a government.'

"failed" sounds like MVP's fault to the unknowing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I think to say that Move Forward failed to form a government is very misleading. We all know the election was stolen, we all know that Pita was elected fairly, and he was hugely popular, we all know that Prayuth suffered with horrible election results. And we all know that PT struck a deal with the army and installed a lame puppet PM. 

Do not attempt to call Thailand a democracy, not when elections are stolen, and not when moral rot continues at the highest levels

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/1/2024 at 12:18 PM, webfact said:

The reformist party won last year’s national election but failed to form a government.

I think this point needs some expansion i.e. why it failed to form govt by using the conjunction because. Everyone knows what needs to be written after the conjunction.

"The reformist party won last year’s national election but failed to form a government because.......... ."

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1