Chinese EVs Dominate Bangkok Motor Show

snoop1130

46639d5774ee5329a28ba58b48d9ea1e.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - China's electric vehicle (EV) manufacturers at the 45th Bangkok International Motor Show reportedly stand out with their high-quality, innovative designs and competitive pricing, drawing much attention from attendees. The event, spanning 12 days from March 27 to April 7, showcases 49 major auto brands, introducing at least 20 new models to the market.

New entrants to the Thai market, Geely's Zeekr and Xpeng, unveiled their latest EV models, signaling the growing acceptance and demand for EVs among Thai consumers. The expansion is in line with Thailand's ambition to transform into a major EV production hub in Southeast Asia, targeting 30 percent of its vehicle production to be EVs by 2030. 

The event offers a space for car companies to show off their latest electric vehicles (EVs), pointing out the growing popularity of Chinese EV brands in Thailand, where they made up over 80 percent of new battery electric vehicle registrations last year.

Organizers said the increasing presence of Chinese EV makers in Thailand is also seen as a major step towards boosting the local job market, enhancing the supply chain, and reinforcing Thailand's position as a key player in the ASEAN EV sector.

By Krajangwit Johjit

Source: NNT 2024-04-01

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The event offers a space for car companies to show off their latest electric vehicles (EVs), pointing out the growing popularity of Chinese EV brands in Thailand, where they made up over 80 percent of new battery electric vehicle registrations last year.

The price is right.

• Haha 1

I like EV's , but I do not want a rolling computer .

I like to drive myself , do not want a car that tells me what I need to do .

My wife has already taken that part ...

Make simple , robust EV's with easily exchangeable batteries that can go all-terrain , I would be a buyer ...

Like this one : https://evcentral.com.au/munro-mark-1-budget-electric-4x4-from-scotland-would-have-aussie-appeal/

Foer's Engineering Ibex F8 shares its body and chassis with the Munro Mark 1 electric 4x4

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Make simple , robust EV's with easily exchangeable batteries that can go all-terrain , I would be a buyer ...

Like this one : https://evcentral.com.au/munro-mark-1-budget-electric-4x4-from-scotland-would-have-aussie-appeal/

Foer's Engineering Ibex F8 shares its body and chassis with the Munro Mark 1 electric 4x4

From link ... "Cheap and simple"

New definition of cheap/affordable, low spec'd EV (range 240 kms) ...

... and only ...

image.png.f7f65ee80b0bdf295bf45b82dff37b1b.png

X2 if every imported to TH

from 2 yr old news-blip:

image.png.229e7517801122e0afdb4e10d08fed41.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

From link ... "Cheap and simple"

New definition of cheap/affordable, low spec'd EV (range 240 kms) ...

... and only ...

image.png.f7f65ee80b0bdf295bf45b82dff37b1b.png

X2 if every imported to TH

from 2 yr old news-blip:

image.png.229e7517801122e0afdb4e10d08fed41.png

Yes , right , crazy price .

Maybe a chinese copy one day ...?

But the idea and the design is good ...

Thailand should be very concerned. Pliable as ever to China's 'charms', they have become a dumping ground for EV's hard to sell elsewhere.

Thailand needs to pay attention to the continuing prosperity of it's own motor vehicle manufacturing,

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Yes , right , crazy price .

Maybe a chinese copy one day ...?

But the idea and the design is good ...

That's about it.  Really low range spec, if taking it down to 20% / 80% usable, that 240 kms is now 192 kms, and surely tested on a flat road, perfect condition, with no load ... 😲

Now load that baby up, with a few adults ( "240-kilometre range and 1000kg payload" ), and by the time you get off road, and set up, what ever, maybe camping, you need a charging station.

No prob:

image.png.beefe900c4634103a31aed433aef8f79.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's about it.  Really low range spec, if taking it down to 20% / 80% usable, that 240 kms is now 192 kms, and surely tested on a flat road, perfect condition, with no load ... 😲

Now load that baby up, with a few adults ( "240-kilometre range and 1000kg payload" ), and by the time you get off road, and set up, what ever, maybe camping, you need a charging station.

No prob:

image.png.beefe900c4634103a31aed433aef8f79.png

So , this one is better and cheaper as well ...?

But more sophisticated , not a + for me ...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a44703026/2024-toyota-land-cruiser/

2024 toyota land cruiser photos

16 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

So , this one is better and cheaper as well ...?

But more sophisticated , not a + for me ...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a44703026/2024-toyota-land-cruiser/

2024 toyota land cruiser photos

I'm not spending $50k for any 4 wheels, as the price of a house in my world.   Have to wait till one of my brothers hits Powerball (I stopped playing), and throws me a $1M bone :coffee1:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

So drive your self. There's no mandate for auto drive and to my knowledge nowhere as yet full auto drive has been approved. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm not spending $50k for any 4 wheels, as the price of a house in my world.   Have to wait till one of my brothers hits Powerball (I stopped playing), and throws me a $1M bone :coffee1:

All modern cars are going that way, it's not just EV's.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1