Cannabis partially decriminalised in Germany

Rules as of April 1 incllude as well the permission to keep 50 grams at home.

No idea what the Thai administration thinks of this.

I do not think this is a April 1 joke. It is all over the internet and in my online-publications.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, candide said:

They have adopted a smart system which works quite well in Spain.

You don't know much about this law, do you?

i recommend to have a closer look at the regulations and you will see it has not much to do with the spanish system.

No need any more to be in contact with bad guys

LoL

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

It's a way to bring votes to the left/greens, which otherwise is destined to be heavily defeated in the next elections. Furthermore, it is certainly easier for a mass of sleepy and stoned people to accept certain economic and social policies than attentive and angry young people.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, pub2022 said:

It's a way to bring votes to the left/greens, which otherwise is destined to be heavily defeated in the next elections.

It was a main project of the Green Party, supported by parts of the SPD. Long promised, postphoned again and again and the outcome is a bad joke. I doubt gathering more votes was their main reason. 

Furthermore, it is certainly easier for a mass of sleepy and stoned people to accept certain economic and social policies than attentive and angry young people.

Nice theory. Funny. Sounds a bit like wearing an aluminium hat 🙂

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

A closer look at the "rules" clearly shows it's the most idiotic "legalization"-law on earth.

Once again I'm ashamed to be German.

Maybe you don't understand the reason for this law?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

i recommend to have a closer look at the regulations and you will see it has not much to do with the spanish system.

LoL

Sorry, but you're obviously not capable to understand this new law. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Says who? You? Ahh, ok 🙂

Well, I will give you permission to follow my posts, hoping that you might learn something even in old age. It's never been too late. Don't give up🙏

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The rules about where you may or may not smoke are impossible to enforce. There are streets where you can smoke on one side but not on the other because of the vicinity rules. I can imagine that police have better things to do than walk around with a measuring tape. Also non-Germans cannot join these cannabis clubs, which is in violation of EU agreements. Good luck with this new law.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Well, I will give you permission to follow my posts, hoping that you might learn something even in old age. It's never been too late. Don't give up🙏

No need to follow someone who obviosly has no idea what the new law (including all 46 paragraphs) says. Or did you read the full text? I guess no.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Dirk Z said:

The rules about where you may or may not smoke are impossible to enforce. There are streets where you can smoke on one side but not on the other because of the vicinity rules. I can imagine that police have better things to do than walk around with a measuring tape. [...] Good luck with this new law.

Correct. You name one of many problems with the new law.

Also non-Germans cannot join these cannabis clubs, which is in violation of EU agreements.

I'm not so sure if it's a violation. Look at the spanish model. It is same there. No membership possible for tourists.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

No need to follow someone who obviosly has no idea what the new law (including all 46 paragraphs) says. Or did you read the full text? I guess no.

Well, you might not believe.... I'm indeed capable to read...and...to understand.🙏

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Well, you might not believe.... I'm indeed capable to read...and...to understand.🙏

You're capable to read? Great!

But can you read/understand 1. German and 2. DID you read the law? If yes, can you provide a link to what you did read and understand?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You're capable to read? Great!

But can you read/understand 1. German and 2. DID you read the law? If yes, can you provide a link to what you did read and understand?

Go to "Bundesministerium fuer Gesundheit" or go to Google: "CanG" aktuell.

There you get all to fill your intellectual gaps.🙏

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Go to "Bundesministerium fuer Gesundheit" or go to Google: "CanG" aktuell.

There you get all to fill your intellectual gaps.🙏

I know where the complete text is to find. I did read the text. Did you?

Seems not easy for you to answer this simple question., Einstein 🙂

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I know where the complete text is to find. I did read the text. Did you?

Seems not easy for you to answer this simple question., Einstein 🙂

I got the very impression that you don't know anything about the law. Not even know where to get the text in particular as you proved.

Under this circumstances it's useless to have any substantial discussion with you. End.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

LoL

I must admit I don't know all of it and it seems to be a bit complex. Some aspects are stupid, I.e. it's forbidden to smoke in social clubs, or uncontrollable, I.e. it's forbidden for minors ( but they have already de facto access to it).

It will likely need to be amended  but it's a step in the right direction.

2 hours ago, Dirk Z said:

The rules about where you may or may not smoke are impossible to enforce. There are streets where you can smoke on one side but not on the other because of the vicinity rules. I can imagine that police have better things to do than walk around with a measuring tape. Also non-Germans cannot join these cannabis clubs, which is in violation of EU agreements. Good luck with this new law.

Come on! You don't expect German lawmakers to forget to take EU law into account, do you? 😀

It's restricted to residents (who may be foreigners), not to Germans.

Also don't underestimate the capacity of German people to self-discipline and auto-organise themselves.

Edited by candide
  • Confused 1

On 4/1/2024 at 5:19 PM, candide said:

They have adopted a smart system which works quite well in Spain.

People allowed to grow weed and social clubs means that drug dealers will be bypassed. Less trafficking and less associated criminality.

No need any more to be in contact with bad guys (bad guys who may also propose hard drugs). Only contacts between nice people in social clubs.

On top of it, the police can focus on real crimes instead of losing their time with cannabis users.

The reason why the law is stupid is this:

You're allowed to grow three plants simultaneously, but as soon as you harvest them, you're allowed to possess only 50 grams in total. If you give a plant what it needs, it will produce anywhere from 300 to 750 grams depending on the strain. Anything above 50 grams you will have to dispose of because you're neither allowed  to sell it, give it away or offer it to your friends to consume while they visit you! 

Now let's apply that logic to alcohol. Imagine the smallest amount of beer you could buy would be a case with 20 bottles, which is legal to buy in a supermarket, but as soon as you leave the market, you're allowed to own only three bottles, which means you have to pour the other 17 down the drain outside the market because you can't sell it, give it away or offer it to anyone to drink!  

It's just <deleted> stupid! Why is there a limit on how much cannabis I can have to begin with, when there is non on liquor?! Especially since alcohol does way more damage to an addict and their social environment than any other drug, including heroin! 

The other problem is with the cannabis clubs. You can't just become a paying member and receive your monthly allocation. No! You have to actively participate in the club! Plus, you can grow in the club, but you're not allowed to smoke there. Great!

On the other hand, for some strange reason I don't have to participate in brewing beer before I can buy some!

The law is a step in the right direction, but as it stands right now it's 95% silly nonsense! 

Lastly, yeah, it will put a dent in black market sales of the already existing black market dealers, but in about 3 months a lot of weed will hit the market because a lot of people want to get rid of their overproduce, so if anything,  even more weed than before will hit the black market, sold by average Joe who just graduated from previous consumer to amateur dealer, replacing the previous black market dealer! 

They should've just gone the liquor route with cannabis instead of this silly nonsense! 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1