Senate Passes First Reading of Same-Sex Marriage Bill

snoop1130

1712046448_127594-tnamcot-768x512.jpg

BANGKOK, April 2 (TNA) – The Senate votes to accept the marriage equality bill in principle and establishes a committee for further study.

The bill was endorsed by the lower house last week and forwarded to the Senate for consideration.

The vote on Tuesday saw a significant majority of 147 in favor, 10 against, 7 abstaining out of 158 total members.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2024-04-02

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Agree 1

I hope those same sex people accept the fact that a same sex couple can't have children.

Do what you want to do with each other but please leave kids out of it. They deserve to have a female mother and a male father. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

Sorry I know that you don't know what you are talking about....Narrow minded

Correct, you don't know.

So please don't pretend you know.

It is best for kids to have a mother and a father who take care of them. That is just a fact.

Obviously in some cases that doesn't happen. That is sad, but impossible to prevent.

It is preventable to let same sex couples adopting children. If they can't adopt children, then those adopted children don't have to suffer under that condition. One problem less to solve. 

If they are so happy to go into lifelong debt to pay the dowry who are we to criticize?

Let's welcome same sex enjoyers to the grave of love and sex.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Correct, you don't know.

So please don't pretend you know.

It is best for kids to have a mother and a father who take care of them. That is just a fact.

Obviously in some cases that doesn't happen. That is sad, but impossible to prevent.

It is preventable to let same sex couples adopting children. If they can't adopt children, then those adopted children don't have to suffer under that condition. One problem less to solve. 

I know much more than you think I know..... I am experienced

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Senate votes to accept the marriage equality bill in principle and establishes a committee for further study.

More delays.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

So what would you suggest when one of the homosexual couple is the biological father of all of his 4 boys (2 singles + twins, all produced over time by artificial insemination in Usofa).

As is the case of friends of mine in Oz. Went thru school with 2 Dads, loving fathers. All 4 now teenagers, with no doubt the same ups & downs of teenagers everywhere. What's the problem? (other than blind prejudice).

I am sure there are happy children with gay couples and also unhappy children with heterosexual couples.

But in general children who grew up with only one parent have a lot more problems.

Children need a father and a mother to learn from both - at least that is the best-case scenario.

I am not advertising to take away children from parents who have them already. I just don't want that children will be adopted into situations where it is obvious from the start that the conditions are not the way they should be.