Higher prices coming

Celsius

Sounds great for the Government in priciple. But how many more customs officers will then need to calculate all these few baht duty for each shipment and are they suddenly expecting all the carriers to collect the duty for them! I expect chaos to ensue before the policy is reversed.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Seven percent, probably hardly even notice it, but Thailand is getting as bad as the west for taxing anything, and everything they can to grab more money for the trough. Whatever we do, do not mention the window tax introduced in England in the last 1600's. Do not want to give them ideas !!!

Dont mention that one. I think you got away with it this time though.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, NVass said:

Sounds great for the Government in priciple. But how many more customs officers will then need to calculate all these few baht duty for each shipment and are they suddenly expecting all the carriers to collect the duty for them! I expect chaos to ensue before the policy is reversed.

Governments are well versed in collecting Sales Tax/VAT, it is called regulation. Companies that sell their goods to the Thai market will be required to add the relevant tax to their sales, then remit the collected amount to the Thai Revenue Department. 🤓

I would not expect them to have to hire, as you seem to infer "a new army of customs officials". :jap:

Edited by expat_4_life

the rich complaining and stealing from middle class or poor...

same as usual

do the billionaires in this country pay their fair share in taxes or park it outside thailand, you think...