fingerprint door lock for uPVC door?

MarkusRellstab

Does anyone have experience with fingerprint door locks for uPVC doors? Some producers claim, that it cannot be installed into their profiles.

We have tried one from Haefele. Is there any uPVC supplier which offers sliding doors with such locks? 
Thanks for information.

How does one open the door if there is a power cut of if the backup battrey is dead ? Not to mention all the risks of getting hacked, Stick to the good ole door with a good key and mainly a good lock cylinder like a Zeiss or another foreign lock brand.

20 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

How does one open the door if there is a power cut of if the backup battrey is dead ? Not to mention all the risks of getting hacked, Stick to the good ole door with a good key and mainly a good lock cylinder like a Zeiss or another foreign lock brand.

I have such a smart lock at my entrance door.

It runs on batteries. I have an app which tells me the battery status and more.

The app on my lock is read only. I see what is happening, but I can't use the app to open the door. This is what I want.

The lock also has a mechanical key, hidden, and it seems sophisticated, to be able to open the lock mechanically.

I really like this lock and the convenience to just grab the handle, the door recognized my fingerprint, and opens. All in a fraction of a second.

I have also the option of using a pin code or key-card. I like it.

Sorry, I have no idea about the PVC door. I have a wooden door. My smart lock is big and heavy.