Two Illegal Russian Tour Guides Arrested in Rawai and Karon

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket – Two male and female illegal Russian tour guides were arrested in Rawai and Karon on Wednesday (April 3rd).

The Phuket Tourist Police told the Phuket Express that they first arrested a suspect identified only as Mr. IURII, 37, Russian national, at a parking area at the Phrom Thep Cape in Rawai. Officers followed Mr. IURII after one tourist police officer noticed the suspect appearing to lead a tour group of about eight foreign tourists traveling in a minivan from the Karon Viewpoint to the Phrom Thep Cape. He was taken to the Chalong Police Station after he could not produce a work permit or work visa.

Then officers arrested a suspect identified only as MS. ULIIA, 21, Russian national, at the Phuket Big Buddha (Phra Phuttha Ming Mongkhon Ek Nakkhiri) on the Nakkerd Hill in Karon. Officers followed MS. ULIIA after spotting her appearing to be working near an elephant camp in Chalong with 18 foreign tourists traveling in two minivans to the Phuket Big Buddha. She was taken to the Karon Police Station after also being unable to produce proper documentation.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-04-05

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Thumbs Up 2

I think that the police are only doing crackdowns in Phuket.

I often complained to police about the Chineses Yourguides/mini-van drivers who used to block my entrance. I tried talking to the drivers, but they neither spoke English or Thai. Nothing was ever done about them.

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What awful reporters/writers they make it sound like 4 not 2.

Lets try again; A male and A female Russian tour guide were both arrested...:coffee1: 

Does it matter................:coffee1:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Does it matter................:coffee1:

IMO yes if your going to be a news translator then you should at least have a command of the English language, not write gibberish.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

IMO yes if your going to be a news translator then you should at least have a command of the English language, not write gibberish.

You are a farangy that writes perfect English then............😂

I think the Thai reporter did OK English, in a riveting story that you have issues over....🤣

UIRII und ULIIA 

"group of about eight foreigners" >>> maybe 7.5 or 8.4 foreigners ))) or some "blinking" ones - once they are seven but suddenly - nine. So that's about eight )))

However, what those people were thinking about? How to get to IDC during hottest season in Thailand? Not much clever

• Agree 1