Thai PM to seal multi-billion deal with Microsoft

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

How come an obviously doctored photo like this can be published, and yet Princess Kate's with the children was banned? 

Not sure that's "doctored".

Looks like it's from the time they signed an MOU back in November in San Francisco, based on the ties.

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/corporate/40032915

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Not sure that's "doctored".

Looks like it's from the time they signed an MOU back in November in San Francisco, based on the ties.

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/corporate/40032915

Then the PM has got a much bigger head than the MS man.

Actually, looking at the quoted photo, yes he has. I detract my question.

Edited by KannikaP

20 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

What multi billion deal? 

"reports suggest" ?  What?  No clue about what if anything Microsoft & Thailand might do. It is a Thaiger article but this really sets a new standard in  reporting nothing. 

Probably written using OpenAI's Microsoft's ChatGPT. A lot of exagerations sprinkled with halucinations to make it sound bombastic. BS "journalism" is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

You mean Microsoft are going to upgrade all the Immigration computers from XL to Windows 8?

No. how can they upgrade their hacked software? Every computer in a school and government office that I have had the chance to see their screen always has the same logo on the bottom right indicating their window will expire. Showing they were using a hacking tool to use it.

I can not see Microsoft using Thailand for a cloud base. Lack of security to hackers being one reason. Another would be their slow internet worldwide.

I also do not foresee any plans to open any type of manufacturing either. Safety protocols required and very stringent and Thailand has a poor record of keeping stringent protocols in their plants. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

You mean Microsoft are going to upgrade all the Immigration computers from XL to Windows 8?

Windows 8 Ultimate.... no expense spared

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Moreover, Microsoft pledges unwavering support towards Thailand’s eco-centric endeavours, with commitments towards net-zero emissions and renewable energy integration.

Psychobabble

They can't even get black-smoking pickups off the road.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Yeah I hope the Microsoft guy doesn't use an older BB atm, running pirated XP, I saw another one in the wild, stuck on the reboot.

Awwwkwaard.

Edited by fondue zoo

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

pioneering strides in artificial intelligence (AI) within Thailand’s borders

They definitely need some special trained AI if they want to emulate Thai thinking. 

Let's be real... It's a billion dollar capital investment that employees about 50 on-site full-time... MS builds these centers to get closer to customers and address data access issues. They are HIGHLY automated (much of the management done remotely from India, etc.) and don't generate a lot of jobs for Thai people post opening. But Thailand will hype it (if it even happens - seeing as Thailand is not an IT skills strong work force; they can't even get their own apps and systems to function at a high level) as the next coming of Thailand's dominance 😂

8 hours ago, thesetat said:

No. how can they upgrade their hacked software? Every computer in a school and government office that I have had the chance to see their screen always has the same logo on the bottom right indicating their window will expire. Showing they were using a hacking tool to use it.

No it just means they didn't activate it. If they used a tool they wouldn't see this message.

I can not see Microsoft using Thailand for a cloud base. Lack of security to hackers being one reason

Hu? What does a country need to provide in "security to hackers" for a datacenter? The datacenter does their own security. The sentence makes no sense.

Another would be their slow internet worldwide.

Microsoft doesn't care about the slow (because cheap) internet connectivity that end user ISPs like 3BB and AIS provide. Microsoft brings their own connectivity by working directly with Tier 1 carriers. That stuff is not an issue.

What I do see as an issue is the lack of legal and political stability. Singapore is a lot better in that regard and one of the reasons why pretty much every cloud provider sits there instead. Plus of course the top notch talent available. And let's not forget that their geographical location is ideal as a center both to the west and east in asia and a huge reason why ISPs developed their connectivity there first. Pretty much all the undersea cables connect there. If you want to connect Bangkok then you always have to detour through the Gulf of Thailand mostly around Singapore anyways. It's just not attractive.

MS will make some small local investments. But what they really want is to sell the Thai government their services.

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

How come an obviously doctored photo like this can be published, and yet Princess Kate's with the children was banned? 

Her photo was not banned, it was a press decision not to re-show it by some sources, plenty of other sources published it many times.  Why should a pic of the PM and the other bloke not be put together to accompany an article about the two of them?

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Her photo was not banned, it was a press decision not to re-show it by some sources, plenty of other sources published it many times.  Why should a pic of the PM and the other bloke not be put together to accompany an article about the two of them?

OK thanks.

22 hours ago, Dcheech said:

What multi billion deal? 

"reports suggest" ?  What?  No clue about what if anything Microsoft & Thailand might do. It is a Thaiger article but this really sets a new standard in  reporting nothing. 

Where is the infamous MOU?