Chinese Man in Pattaya Arrested for Illegally Entering Thailand and Working as Guide

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The man, identified as Mr. Ke Pan, 36, was found sitting in a car with his windows down. According to arresting officers, Mr. Ke appeared suspicious when he saw their car driving by and tried to drive away.

They eyes gave him away... deer caught in the headlights

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bradiston said:

So how did he get from Vietnam to Sa Kaeo? It's not like they're adjacent.

From how little he looks next to the car & Thais, I'm guessing he was rolled-up in the spare tire well.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A Chinese man was was arrested in Pattaya on April 8th, 2024, for entering Thailand illegally and working as a guide.

The man, identified as Mr. Ke Pan, 36, was found sitting in a car with his windows down. According to arresting officers, Mr. Ke appeared suspicious when he saw their car driving by and tried to drive away.

The police stopped Mr. Ke and asked him for his passport. He was unable to produce any documentation, so he was taken to the Chonburi Immigration Office. No illegal items were found in his car.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-10

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

PPNew1000.jpg

And where is the evidence he worked as a guide??😳

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

And where is the evidence he worked as a guide??😳

True he said he had come to to study Thai and work as tour guide, nothing to say he actually was, but he was already black listed and entered illegally. 

He needs prison time, not just sent back. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

True he said he had come to to study Thai and work as tour guide, nothing to say he actually was, but he was already black listed and entered illegally. 

He needs prison time, not just sent back. 

Well, he might be replaced by hordes of other Chinese 😂

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

The full story in Pattaya News? Doesn't explain it.

Well it did to me, he flew from China to Vietnam, paid 20k to a human trafficker to enter Thailand illegally snuck through a natural channel, in Sa Kaeo  where he caught a minivan to Pattaya. do have a reading problem?

I have just typed all of this out because you didn't read it. 

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Well it did to me, he flew from China to Vietnam, paid 20k to a human trafficker to enter Thailand illegally snuck through a natural channel, in Sa Kaeo  where he caught a minivan to Pattaya. do have a reading problem?

I have just typed all of this out because you didn't read it. 

Er, I read it several times, and you could have copied and pasted it. Vietnam doesn't border Thailand. He paid the trafficker where? In Vietnam, or Cambodia? Was he illegally in Cambodia too? Where does it mention that? You've wasted your time.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Er, I read it several times, and you could have copied and pasted it. Vietnam doesn't border Thailand. He paid the trafficker where? In Vietnam, or Cambodia? Was he illegally in Cambodia too? Where does it mention that? You've wasted your time.

He could have easily entered Cambodia legally why not? 

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

He could have easily entered Cambodia legally why not? 

So why not fly straight there then? And he was unable to provide the police with any documents (passport, ID)? How'd he get into Vietnam? Or out? Or into Cambodia? Or hire a car in Thailand? All this for 20k?

This is just another mumbo jumbo story.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably they got the most honest, trying to make money by working hard, like a classic rural Chinese.

Chinese criminals do quite other things, and I'm sure the Thai authorities are well aware of that.