Update Kor Ror 22 (Thai Marriage certificate) in Bangkok

Recently when applying for a Non-O Visa (by Marriage) extension, we were told to "update" our Kor Ror 22 Marriage Cert that was issued 12 years ago at our Amphur in Bangkok.

1. What documents do we need to bring for this "update" at the Amphur?

2. I recalled that we needed 2 Thai witnesses when we first applied for the Kor Ror 22 twelve years ago; do we need any witnesses for this update?

3. Do I need to go through the hassles of securing (a) my home country's Foreign Ministry to authehticate my marriage cert  (b) get the Thai Embassy at my home country to translate my marriage cert.

4. Any other documentation needed?

Appreciate any advice and guidance. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

A marriage in a foreign country between Thai nationals or between a Thai national and a foreigner may legally take effect according to the form prescribed by Thai law or by the law of the country where it takes place. If being legally married abroad, there is no need to register your marriage again in Thailand, but a need to report and update the status of the Thai national.

A visit to the Thai embassy in your location will be required to have your marriage certificates authenticated or certified. Once in Thailand, the Thai national needs to visit the district office in her hometown to update the status and obtain Kor Ror 22. The said document shall serve as proof of your legal marriage registration.