Car Air Purifier, do they work?

While driving the car try to turn of air conditioning. Within 10 - 15 seconds the temperature of the air inside will be the same as of the outside. Because of how much air is getting inside of the car while driving. Do you think this matchbox will handle all of it before you breathe it in?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, AreYouGerman said:

Yes, I have 2 from Xiaomi. You can also start using some carbon/charcoal filters directly on the output of your A/C. That helps a lot.

Good tip, thanks.

In my car I always keep the air vents closed in the hope that less outside air will permeate into the cabin, and on days of high PM2.5 I connect an Electrolux personal air purifier to the USB socket in the car. Although I don't have a portable air quality measuring device to check, it does provide a degree of peace of mind, and as @CharlieHwrote above - it's a case of something is better than nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I took a look too, but all the car air purifiers I saw were negative ion ones. If you search negative ion air purifier its one of those subjects where 50% say they are safe, and the other 50% say they are not. So what to breath in?????

Not quite sure what you mean by air 'PURIFYER' the cars A/C have a cabin filter fitted already that stops PM 2.5, cheap as chips to replace if you buy from Lazada and not from dealerships @ 10 times the price. I usually keep my A/C on 're-cycle' not direct from the outside vent. If your really a miser filters can be washed in detergent. Engine air filters same same.   

• Like 2

This Toys not work in a Car! Buy carbon filters for the Passenger Room Air Inlet! Cost depend to the Car brand 150Baht and up! If you are not double left-handed, you can do this yourself! Mostly to find this Unit find under the Glove Box:thumbsup:

On 4/12/2024 at 9:29 AM, brianthainess said:

Not quite sure what you mean by air 'PURIFYER' the cars A/C have a cabin filter fitted already that stops PM 2.5, cheap as chips to replace if you buy from Lazada and not from dealerships @ 10 times the price. I usually keep my A/C on 're-cycle' not direct from the outside vent. If your really a miser filters can be washed in detergent. Engine air filters same same.   

Not a good idea .... link here

image.png.af38d044f2e4627e6cc95c147113f50a.png

image.png.af38d044f2e4627e6cc95c147113f50a.png

While I agree, one should do both of these operations at the same time not just one at a time, as in your link. And a car is not an operating room. but at about 120each delivered it's not worth the effort. 

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'd suggest putting a PM 2.5 meter in the car as well, then the OP can see if the gadget actually makes a difference.

I've done this when I lived in Udon Thani

PM level of say 150 outside, very visible 

Air conditioner has to be set on recirculation mode, not fresh air intake

PM level of 5 - 10 driving a Ford WT model, I was quite surprised