Interior Ministry official disrupts police at Songkran checkpoint

webfact

He should have been arrested and put in a cell for assaulting a police officer, and drunk and disorderly. Let me guess the drunk driver was allowed to drive off and the car was not impounded. Shameless imagine if that had been a falang.  

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The district chief, appearing inebriated and smelling of alcohol, became increasingly belligerent and pushed against one of the officers

High ranked people are always thinking that theyb are above the law.. it is time that the court should punish them double as they have a function that should be sparkless instead of being a je..k ..So please judges set an example.

The Laws are for everyone.. how low or high youn are ranked

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

High ranked people are always thinking that theyb are above the law.. it is time that the court should punish them double as they have a function that should be sparkless instead of being a je..k ..So please judges set an example.

The Laws are for everyone.. how low or high youn are ranked

The high ranking official was actually misusing his public office by assisting someone to commit a crime and threatening the police. That is punishable by death according to Thai law. 

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1

So. He being an Interior Ministry Official. Shouldn't the Interior Minister direct his call for justice, without bribery be directed at this case instead of interfering in the Swiss alleged kicker's case? Or is this another example of a  two tier justice system? The Interior Minister has made his feelings towards dirty farangs very clear.. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The altercation was sparked when the district chief loudly proclaimed his status as a high-ranking official and accused the police of disrespecting him. The officers replied by reminding the man that, as a senior civil servant, he should be setting a positive example.

The district chief, appearing inebriated and smelling of alcohol, became increasingly belligerent and pushed against one of the officers, who was quickly defended by his colleagues and other bystanders.

Despite the police’s attempt to arrest a member of the district chief’s party for drink driving, the official intervened, shouting at the officers and warning them not to arrest his associate.

You do know who I am right ??

Hopefully your governor will and do the right thing.

Yawn; after being here 20 years and seeing this so many times i know this will end up either swept under the carpet entirely or at worst for the offender having to apologise and give numerous wai's to the offended.

Thailand never learns; still stuck in a Cultural Black Hole created 500 years ago !

• Like 2

This is one of Minister of Interior Anutin's mob. And there's Anutin upbraiding the Swiss guy for bad behaviour. Meanwhile this drunken thug assaults a police officer in the execution of his duty, trying to do what's necessary to prevent road kill. At the very least, resign!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RobU said:

The high ranking official was actually misusing his public office by assisting someone to commit a crime and threatening the police. That is punishable by death according to Thai law. 

So capital punishment for him as an example, but we all know nothing will happen... a misunderstanding a way and 500 THB fine or a basket with undrinkable brand......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

So capital punishment for him as an example, but we all know nothing will happen... a misunderstanding a way and 500 THB fine or a basket with undrinkable brand......

More likely nothing whatsoever will happen. The police officers will have to obey their corrupt superiors. He and the drunk driver should have both been arrested on the spot and charged. The driver with DUI and the official with attempting to pervert the course of justice, which should have cost him his job. 

10 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

I hope they continue to report on this showing how it plays out.

The whole article was removed from BP so I guess they've already silenced it. Anutin would have seen to that.

8 hours ago, bradiston said:

The whole article was removed from BP so I guess they've already silenced it. Anutin would have seen to that.

Typical of the nonsense rampant in this wonderful country.

I would like to be afforded the same treatment if I was in the same situation. Not that I would be.

No I guess not.

Counts!