Question on Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa

Hi.  In December 2023 I received a Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa with this information:

Date of grant:  14 December 2023

Visa must be used by: 10 June 2024

Length of stay in Thailand:  60 days

I arrived in Thailand on 31 Dec 2023.  I flew to Laos and back on 26-27 Feb and was given 60 days until 26 Apr.

Can I take a flight out on 26 Apr and receive another 60 days on my return to Thailand the next day?  Thank you.

OP, correct answers above.

The key date to keep eye on is June 10.

You should exit and reenter just prior to that date.

In doing that you will be stamped in for 60 days.

That 60 stamp can also be extended by 30 at immigration office.

Hence you read that METV can provide a 9 month stay.

Ripper visa. 

• Thumbs Up 1

i don't quite understand how he could get 180 days on a 60 day tourist visa unless he gets a second tourist visa at a thai embassy outside of thailand?

he arrived thailand say jan 1 and was gone almost 60 days then gets another 60 days and then leave late april and get yet another 60 days........what am i missing as that sounds like a lot better deal than when i got single entry tourist visa...got 60 days then extended at immigration for 30...then went to laos thai embassy and got another 60 day single entry for another 60 days plus another 30 day extension...

Edited by pomchop
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, pomchop said:

i don't quite understand how he could get 180 days on a 60 day tourist visa unless he gets a second tourist visa at a thai embassy outside of thailand?

Multiple Entry Tourist Visa.  60 days x 3 

29 minutes ago, sabaiguy said:

Multiple Entry Tourist Visa.  60 days x 3 

Each 60 day stamp can obtain 30 day extension. 

Also if exit and reentry just prior to visa expiry it's possible to obtain almost 9 months. 

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Each 60 day stamp can obtain 30 day extension. 

Also if exit and reentry just prior to visa expiry it's possible to obtain almost 9 months. 

did not know that...so to be clear i  get a multiple entry tourist visa online and arrive thailand say oct 5....then about dec 5 i get 30 day extension at immigration til jan 5....then i leave country on jan 5 and reenter thailand say jan 8 and then get another sixty days til march 8, another 30 day extension til april 8....then leave again and return say apr 11 get another 60 days til jun8 followed by another 30 day extension til first of july?

is that correct that i can do all of that and not have to get another tourist visa in another country?  WOW that would be great....thanks very much for letting me know if i have this correct...

14 hours ago, pomchop said:

is that correct that i can do all of that and not have to get another tourist visa in another country?  WOW that would be great....thanks very much for letting me know if i have this correct...

Yes 100% correct, I'm doing this now in Phuket but only for 6 months.

1. 2 months + 1 month extension*

2. Off to Penang** for a few days

3. 2 months + 1 month extension

* Extension was easy enough (just a bit of push and shove with Russians haha) but got copies of the form so I can fill it in beforehand next time.

** Penang the closest/cheapest option plus have never been there. Georgetown looks like it might be interesting. Also, for an Aussie, just have to fill online your intension to stay Malaysia. I believe you can stay for 90 days.

As someone mentioned a border crossing could be cheaper but from Phuket it seemed too difficult.

Edited by BaanOz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BaanOz said:

Yes 100% correct, I'm doing this now in Phuket but only for 6 months.

1. 2 months + 1 month extension*

2. Off to Penang** for a few days

3. 2 months + 1 month extension

* Extension was easy enough (just a bit of push and shove with Russians haha) but got copies of the form so I can fill it in beforehand next time.

** Penang the closest/cheapest option plus have never been there. Georgetown looks like it might be interesting. Also, for an Aussie, just have to fill online your intension to stay Malaysia. I believe you can stay for 90 days.

As someone mentioned a border crossing could be cheaper but from Phuket it seemed too difficult.

thanks that is good news

• Thumbs Up 1