Surin Isaan weather forecast

superal

TMD has forecast 44 c for this coming Sunday . Recent 40 c was bad enough but 44 c in the shade . The temperature out of the shade must be 50 c . Most of us have air conditioned rooms but many local Thai , up here in Isaan , have at best a fan . That heat will result in casualties , I am sure . For me it is Aircon at 10 00 am throughout the day .  Maybe leaving Thailand for a couple of months is the answer ?

Screenshot2024-04-1611_31_57.png.e4dd47de4eb797d5beaf7cdc8dc4567d.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

image.png.0b7d0b4d8373381bb1c7b0499f20f43f.png

The Thai Metereological Dept gives a different weather forecast for Surin on their site > https://www.tmd.go.th/en/

How strange . You are right as I just had another look on this link https://tmd-dev.azurewebsites.net/en/weather/province/surin

. That link is where I copied my chart from 3 hours ago but now it says 40c for Sunday . Wonder if they made a typo before ?

3 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Hope some of that heavy rain comes our way (about 15km south of Surin city) but not optimistic. 

It always seems to rain nearby but seldom in Prasat Surin . Another TMD forecast shows that May 6th the temperature falls to 34-36c so another 2 or 3 weeks to endure . I am going to have a heavy electric bill this month with having the aircon on most of the day and night . 

On 4/16/2024 at 1:42 PM, superal said:

It always seems to rain nearby but seldom in Prasat Surin . Another TMD forecast shows that May 6th the temperature falls to 34-36c so another 2 or 3 weeks to endure . I am going to have a heavy electric bill this month with having the aircon on most of the day and night . 

it rains more in Prasat than Kap Choeng I can assure you

14 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Boring place to live. Nothing to do actually. Dry and lots of rice fields. Run down old infrastructure. Old traffic lights. Why do you live there?

Agree . It would not be my first choice to reside as it is probably the hottest part of Thailand . Power cuts are frequent . Local population little or no education . Etc etc but I have been here for over 12 years with my lady  who runs our restaurant . She takes good care of me and we have never quarrelled . Complete contrast to my UK ex of 30 odd years .

If our relationship failed I would be looking to go south of Thailand or even give the Philippines a visit .

On 4/18/2024 at 10:27 AM, superal said:

Agree . It would not be my first choice to reside as it is probably the hottest part of Thailand . Power cuts are frequent . Local population little or no education . Etc etc but I have been here for over 12 years with my lady  who runs our restaurant . She takes good care of me and we have never quarrelled . Complete contrast to my UK ex of 30 odd years .

If our relationship failed I would be looking to go south of Thailand or even give the Philippines a visit .

They are really nice people in surin that is for sure. Drivers are very considerate. Best people in thailand I think. Opposite of the thai scum in phuket

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

They are really nice people in surin that is for sure. Drivers are very considerate. Best people in thailand I think. Opposite of the thai scum in phuket

Just so you know the scum in Phuket are not from Phuket.