Millions celebrate Songkran accross The Land of Smiles [video]

webfact

17 minutes ago, proton said:

Millions don't bother with this nonsense as well and stick to the traditional songkran.

Well, it is a local tradition, and I respect the fact that the Thais celebrate this way. After all, we are not to judge local habits.

What is nonsense, is when those westerners who forgot to grow up, do the same!

Because, at least, Thai people will not target you if you are dressed for work like I was.

(There are actually laws for this, but not sure if they are being enforced).

But those stupid expats up north in Chiang Mai, they targeted everyone: the last thing you want is to be splashed by one of those, and then being denied in the Grab or Bolt you have been waiting for too long, just because you are wet! You also don't want to be splashed when you are on the way to the airport, because you don't want to get frozen by the AC of the airport or the airplane. And one of those western idiot had thrown a huge quantity of water inside the songthaew in which I was sitting when heading to the airport.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Romano Bummies said:

Indulge me. Elaborate on this.

Don’t think you will get a reply, think it must be this hot weather enhancing their grumpy old men, Dunning Kruger syndrome.

I am just back from visiting  Thai friends at Wat Suthawas Songkran day, Pattaya area. The area was crowded with all ages, from young children to senior grand parents, all getting wet, doing a local Thai tradition. I asked my friend if anyone disliked this event and all I got was a strange look, to say why would they.

There were very few non- Thai, but the ice cold water, powder and beer was flowing in much the same way as outside the bars on Pattaya beach. If I wanted to avoid Songkran it would be easy, but I would not come on here and moan and make silly claims that millions of Thais’ dislike it.

IMG_2430.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
Changed picture, as showed too much of me. 5555
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Don’t think you will get a reply, think it must be this hot weather enhancing their grumpy old men, Dunning Kruger syndrome.

I am just back from visiting  Thai friends at Wat Suthawas Songkran day, Pattaya area. The area was crowded with all ages, from young children to senior grand parents, all getting wet, doing a local Thai tradition. I asked my friend if anyone disliked this event and all I got was a strange look, to say why would they.

There were very few non- Thai, but the ice cold water, powder and beer was flowing in much the same way as outside the bars on Pattaya beach. If I wanted to avoid Songkran it would be easy, but I would not come on here and moan and make silly claims that millions of Thais’ dislike it.

IMG_2430.jpeg

Just what I thought !

• Agree 1