A question about weather in Surin

VBF

Can anyone kindly confirm or deny that on Monday there were extreme winds in the Surin region; enough to demolish a house!

Reason I ask is that I'm being sent pictures of a house destroyed apparently Monday 15th / Tuesday 16th April and I am doubting that it was that bad.

Grateful for any serious responses - please refrain from flippancy.

Not in Prasat sth Surin.

We're always awaiting the promised thunderstorms but so far there's only been a mild one - about 1 hour at most - about a week ago.

37 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Try this    https://meteum.ai/surin/month/april scroll down until you see weather graph for April. Click on Wind, m/s

That isn't so accurate. I say that as I just looked at the wind for the entire month of April and it doesn't show where Nan experienced some heavy winds last week. So heavy that trees were toppled and some roofs went flying.

...and for the OP: You should identify the description of the house in question. Some of these stick shacks considered to be a house would topple with one small breath of the Big Bad Wolf.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

That isn't so accurate. I say that as I just looked at the wind for the entire month of April and it doesn't show where Nan experienced some heavy winds last week. So heavy that trees were toppled and some roofs went flying.

...and for the OP: You should identify the description of the house in question. Some of these stick shacks considered to be a house would topple with one small breath of the Big Bad Wolf.

Thank you...and to others who have posted. 👍

I think you may be on the mark there - the pictures I've seen do not indicate anything like a sturdy construction and it does look like the roof suffered worst of all.

I'm attempting to be discreet and not show people so the only pic i can show is this one.House.jpg.4119ce5e51c306e8bf9587e2c00cd1d0.jpg

Edited by VBF

14 minutes ago, VBF said:

Thank you...and to others who have posted. 👍

I think you may be on the mark there - the pictures I've seen do not indicate anything like a sturdy construction and it does look like the roof suffered worst of all.

I'm attempting to be discreet and not show people so the only pic i can show is this one.House.jpg.4119ce5e51c306e8bf9587e2c00cd1d0.jpg

That's not a house by Surin standards. Although Surin (like Buriram) is in Issan these provinces are in fact not poor at all. Amd this my friend is not something they build around my area for sure.

2 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

That's not a house by Surin standards. Although Surin (like Buriram) is in Issan these provinces are in fact not poor at all. Amd this my friend is not something they build around my area for sure.

Thank you very much.

I think someone's being "economical with the truth"  which was what I set out to establish with this thread. 

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Can anyone kindly confirm or deny that on Monday there were extreme winds in the Surin region; enough to demolish a house!

Reason I ask is that I'm being sent pictures of a house destroyed apparently Monday 15th / Tuesday 16th April and I am doubting that it was that bad.

Grateful for any serious responses - please refrain from flippancy.

According to the article below, there was a fire in Rattanaburi Central Market starting at 10:15 pm yesterday that was exacerbated by strong winds.

Surin Rattanaburi Market Fire

But they couldn’t control the fire. Because the accident site was all wooden buildings. Also there is a strong wind.

48 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

A very broad statement.

There are many areas in both provinces you mention that are poor.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

A very broad statement.

There are many areas in both provinces you mention that are poor.

Have not seen much of it. Sure some older houses look like the picture but the new onces being build ont.

Looking through the news there were article about storms blowing house away earlier this month, but not this week

what's funny is that there's a lightning strike yesterday that kills 6 buffaloes... actual news that gonna be hard to explain if that family's ever got a sponsor down in Pattaya 

50 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Have not seen much of it. Sure some older houses look like the picture but the new onces being build ont.

You do realise Surin and Buriram are vast provinces, not just small towns, don't you?

As an example, someone on here mentioned Rattanaburi. Take a trip there and look at the villages on the way.

Travel along the 226 between Buriram and Surin and take a look at the villages on the way.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

You do realise Surin and Buriram are vast provinces, not just small towns, don't you?

As an example, someone on here mentioned Rattanaburi. Take a trip there and look at the villages on the way.

Travel along the 226 between Buriram and Surin and take a look at the villages on the way.

Seen them. Like I said; the older houses are simple but the new building do not resemble the picture of the OP

3 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Seen them. Like I said; the older houses are simple but the new building do not resemble the picture of the OP

Then you haven't been to the villages.

Sure, some housing estates are going up, also some decent houses being privately built. 

However, the majority are similar to the picture, or at least what the one in the picture will be when finished.

In fact, along the route to Buriram from Surin you'll see many houses built old style, on stilts, with the farm machinery on tge dirt ground floor.