duck feathers in chiang mai

beaufoy

I’m sure ducks are farmed here, they get eaten every day here. Not all duck feathers are equal. I suppose the pekins are the most common in the region.

5 hours ago, novacova said:

I’m sure ducks are farmed here, they get eaten every day here. Not all duck feathers are equal. I suppose the pekins are the most common in the region.

Amazing, given that Thais claim to be Buddhists, that they eat animals, birds and seafood.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Amazing, given that Thais claim to be Buddhists, that they eat animals, birds and seafood.

Why is that amazing?

Thai Buddhists are not the only Buddhists that eat everything.

• Like 1

It's been explained to me that according to Buddha's teachings, one should not take a life.  So, in some circles, the slaughtering is done by a non-Buddhist.  As for eating, well, one individual told me that since the animal is dead, it might as well be eaten (or something to that affect).

21 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

I'm curious what you want them for?

It's not the fine goose down feathers?

I have duck feather pillows which are several years old and due to age and washing they have gone flat hence i want to increase the feathers in each pillow

On 4/18/2024 at 9:06 AM, novacova said:

I am sure ducks are farmed here I want to know the addresses of the farms

1 minute ago, beaufoy said:

I have duck feather pillows which are several years old and due to age and washing they have gone flat hence i want to increase the feathers in each pillow

Thank you for your kind answer 

I think you're much better off buying new pillows. They aren't that expensive, in the end. IKEA for one will have them. Might have to ship from BKK. Index might have them, etc... If you get from a farm, they're neither going to be sterile nor the soft feathers separated from the usable feathers. There are different grade feathers used for different price ranges. Feathers, not done right, can be very prickly and uncomfortable. They will poke through your pillow and be unpleasant.

Edited by bamboozled
  • Agree 2

23 hours ago, beaufoy said:

A Tumble Dryer may bring them back.