Suvarnabhumi Airport moves up 10 places to 58th in Skytrax ranking

snoop1130

BKK_Suvarnabhumi.png

Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport is ranked at 58 in the Skytrax World Airport Awards 2024, an improvement from last year’s 68th placing.

The international airport ranking website places Doha Hamad Airport at the top of the list. Singapore Changi, last year’s winner, dropped to second place this year.

Airports of Thailand (AOT) adds that their satellite terminal one (SAT-1) received 4 stars this year, for the architecture, cleanliness, overall atmosphere, facilities and automation.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-04-18

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

I've always found Suvarnabhumbi very easy to navigate and use. Despite seeing long queues occasional at immigration arriving cant ever remember being in the queues longer than 20 minutes

Plenty of food outlets airside and landside

Did Suvarnabhumi get better? I'm surprised. Or did the airports in the 10 places above get worse? Tricky one. But it doesn't matter as we have few alternatives to Swampy.

Compared to many other airports and its services Suvarnabhumi is a quite nice and well organised airport, despite all the notorious complaints.

Last week I was in HCMC, Vietnam. Passport control at departure was so overcrowded and the officers so slow, it took more than one hour to enter the air side. Never had something like that at Suvarnabhumi. Just one example.

I like Swampy, pretty decent all around.

I don't trust the Skytrax ratings though, it is a 100% pay to play site. Basically the top airport paid the most to appear on the list and so on. Even the airline ratings list is pay.