George Anderssen interview about the The Thaiger - ASEAN NOW merger

webfact

The clip is a Facebook video, so you may need Facebook on your device for it to work. Our team have asked Surf Radio to make it in another format (audio only).

• Like 1

So partly different News content and videos.

What about the Forums....still different............mods..still different....members....still different.

What's going to change?

After listening to the interview:

a. We will have one company, and two different publications (or domains).

b.  One corporation and two products?

c.  Sort of like...

1. Fanta  (The Orange One)

image.png.4dcf690b1df17c8fe87445f3e371a13d.png

2.  And, AseanNow, (Formerly known as Thaivisa):

image.png.fa52b14dc17527f28709979a7b7325c3.png

Choose your poison?

No.

I will continue to just carry on, as usual, on ThaiVisa...

Forever....

Stay calm.

Carry On......

43 minutes ago, george said:

Not much will change immediately, we are always improving moderation and content. The whole team is staiying, of course, we have been waiting for this for a long time.

Forum structure will change a bit, better navigation etc. We need a better home page, better cloud hosting etc etc.

We will share a few positive news in mid May.

Do you have a proper company doing the cloud migration for you?

2 hours ago, george said:

The clip is a Facebook video, so you may need Facebook on your device for it to work. Our team have asked Surf Radio to make it in another format (audio only).

It sounds strange but I've seen comments from members saying Facebook is not allowed on Asean Now forums.

I reckon it's time for those members to get Facebook if they don't have. 

Lots of great groups on Facebook, I use Facebook regularly, house renovations Thailand, different Australian groups to join, xDiavel and Diavel owners group, Jeremy Clarkson, Pattaya restaurants and property, even a Wise group to ask questions. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It sounds strange but I've seen comments from members saying Facebook is not allowed on Asean Now forums.

I reckon it's time for those members to get Facebook if they don't have. 

Lots of great groups on Facebook, I use Facebook regularly, house renovations Thailand, different Australian groups to join, xDiavel and Diavel owners group, Jeremy Clarkson, Pattaya restaurants and property, even a Wise group to ask questions. 

How cool, I switched to surf fm (I just heard the George interview for those of you without Facebook), they played waiting for a train by flash and the pan, haven't heard for ages. 

Looks like I'm listening to SURF now, changing from Pattaya FM103. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, topt said:

I don't have and no I don't think its time. (for me) :jap:

And I bet you are one of the complainers saying that you can't view a link because you don't have Facebook.

Yep, lots of you people here.

• Confused 2

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

I tried another Pattaya forum the other day, dead compared to when i used it a few years ago, moderators killed it

How do you know why anyone leaves a forum.........?  🤔

All forums have staff..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

How do you know why anyone leaves a forum.........?  🤔

All forums have staff..

when i was using it i could see them chasing members away and a friend said exactly the same who was using it for a few years. Most users know

• Thumbs Up 1

"Unique content"? That made me chuckle. Thaiger just churns out re-spun ChatGTP (AI) dribble. It's awful. I'm surprised a younger, more innovative company hasn't moved into this space to dominate; it's ripe for the picking.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, george said:

Not much will change immediately, we are always improving moderation and content. The whole team is staiying, of course, we have been waiting for this for a long time.

Forum structure will change a bit, better navigation etc. We need a better home page, better cloud hosting etc etc.

funny because since it was ASEANNOW, the search engine sucked monkey b...s

how long ago was that take over

so everybody keeps their well overpaid jobs playing GOD

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

"Unique content"? That made me chuckle. Thaiger just churns out re-spun ChatGTP (AI) dribble. It's awful. I'm surprised a younger, more innovative company hasn't moved into this space to dominate; it's ripe for the picking.

I wonder daily why not all those full time website builders thailand is rich off, did not create something totally new, if it is such a goldmine with many many many ads and a little copy paste content

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I tried another Pattaya forum the other day, dead compared to when i used it a few years ago, moderators killed it

That is not the principal reason. The media environment has changed. Chat rooms and webforums were very popular back in the 1990's and even into the early 2000's they hung on, and then chatrooms died. Many years ago there was Bangkok Chat. It was spun off from ThaiVisa. Then along came apps like Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Rome, Cupid, Match, Badoo  Zoosk and many others. And then Line and WhatsApp appeared. These all put the pressure and eventually killed online chatrooms. And now  even these websites are facing competitive pressures as newer more targeted  websites like Only Fans have started up. Web forums outside of specialty areas are a dying activity.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, kennypowers said:

As I cannot read Thai, thanks to AseanNow's Thailand News section I get to read a lot of news about Thailand which otherwise I would not see. Yes, it is mostly AI-generated adaptations from Thai language sources and and other English language publications may have most of it too, but here I have it all in one place without having to load other news websites.

No complaints from me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

That is not the principal reason. The media environment has changed. Chat rooms and webforums were very popular back in the 1990's and even into the early 2000's they hung on, and then chatrooms died. Many years ago there was Bangkok Chat. It was spun off from ThaiVisa. Then along came apps like Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Rome, Cupid, Match, Badoo  Zoosk and many others. And then Line and WhatsApp appeared. These all put the pressure and eventually killed online chatrooms. And now  even these websites are facing competitive pressures as newer more targeted  websites like Only Fans have started up. Web forums outside of specialty areas are a dying activity.

There's a space for forums, like i say further up, facebook although very good, mostly short posts, not the same thing, but the other forum i was talking about chased a lot of interesting posters away over the years so now it's almost dead

• Like 1

19 hours ago, george said:

“… a FEW positive news…” reflects the poor English displayed in the content of this digital publication but I guess acceptable for most readers…??

• Confused 1