Transgender village head and boyfriend found dead in car

กินยาตาย3.jpg

A transgender village head and her boyfriend allegedly yesterday committed suicide in a car parked outside a 7-Eleven convenience store in the central province of Ratchaburi.

A 7-Eleven member of staff, Thatsaya Saetang, contacted Ban Pong Police Station officers at about 4pm yesterday, April 18 after she found the people unconscious in the car.

Thatsaya explained that she noticed a white Toyota Fortuner parked in front of the store for about 20 minutes without anyone getting out. Then, she heard the engine revving up twice, which raised her suspicion.

Thatsaya found the act suspicious and went to check on it. She looked through the car window and found both the driver and passenger unconscious inside.

The driver was identified as the transgender village leader of Suan Kluay sub-district, 45 year old Phongsak Buakham. The passenger, believed to be her boyfriend, was identified as 45 year old Suppasate Suppasak-anan.

Police and medical professionals from Ban Pong Hospital arrived at the scene and forcibly entered the vehicle. Phongsak and Suppasate were unconscious and bleeding from their noses and mouths. They were rushed to the hospital but were pronounced dead upon arrival.

The superintendent of the Ban Pong Police Station, Piyaphong Wongkatejai, speculated that the couple might have committed suicide by consuming toxic substances, as their skin had turned dark and they were bleeding from their noses and mouths. Relationship and business issues were cited as possible motives for the suicide.

Police collected samples from some drinking water and a coffee cup found in the car for further toxin testing. They also planned to review dashcam footage and nearby CCTV cameras to trace the couple’s movements before they arrived at the convenience store.

Piyaphong mentioned that Phongsak’s father had formerly held the position of village head. Subsequently, Thatsaya became part of the local administrative team and was appointed as the village head for eight years. The family was well regarded in the Suan Kluay sub-district due to their charitable endeavours and support for the community.

If you or anyone you know is in emotional distress, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand 24-hour hotline: 02 713 6791 (English), 02 713 6793 (Thai), or the Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai). Please also contact your friends or relatives at this time if you have feelings of loneliness, stress, or depression. Seek help.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via 77 Kaoded

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-19

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The superintendent of the Ban Pong Police Station, Piyaphong Wongkatejai, speculated that the couple might have committed suicide by consuming toxic substances, as their skin had turned dark and they were bleeding from their noses and mouths. Relationship and business issues were cited as possible motives for the suicide.

Please tell me they're also investigating the possibility of murder... 

Dear family...  If they find my body in a car in front of a 7/11, I didn't kill myself.  Decorum alone wouldn't allow me to off myself in a 7/11 parking lot. 

• Sad 1