Brown spots on battery breaker

Ideally you should do something like this: - 

image.jpeg.a452b607f1452b7eb05108f3d431dd80.jpeg

Each inverter has a means of isolation from the batteries, each battery can be isolated from the DC bus.

How you do the paralleling is up to you of course, but as you've found multiple cables in one MCB hole is unwise.

A nice, meaty, copper bus-bar is the ideal solution.

image.png.e015f72f1d845d50066ed359c2b49715.png

I hesitate to post this, but I've seen this done in the past, slip some heat shrink over it, if you don't actually shrink it, you can see if the joint has been getting warm (the heat shrink will, er, shrink).

213355_0.jpg.a4337409166e1aa6d7f4450a1bc6de17.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Ideally you should do something like this: - 

image.jpeg.a452b607f1452b7eb05108f3d431dd80.jpeg

Each inverter has a means of isolation from the batteries, each battery can be isolated from the DC bus.

How you do the paralleling is up to you of course, but as you've found multiple cables in one MCB hole is unwise.

A nice, meaty, copper bus-bar is the ideal solution.

image.png.e015f72f1d845d50066ed359c2b49715.png

I hesitate to post this, but I've seen this done in the past, slip some heat shrink over it, if you don't actually shrink it, you can see if the joint has been getting warm (the heat shrink will, er, shrink).

213355_0.jpg.a4337409166e1aa6d7f4450a1bc6de17.jpg

Thanks Crossy

Pink

2 hours ago, Pink7 said:

Update: Temp coming down again.. after tightening the 2 screws.

They will loosen up again, sorry to be repetitive but you are using a flat lug that will have a very limited contact surface with the switch.

It doesn't bottom out so the pressure on it will deform its side edges with time and that is when it get loose again.

Don't ask me how I know this..

Edited by lom
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, lom said:

They will loosen up again, sorry to be repetitive but you are using a flat lug that will have a very limited contact surface with the switch.

It doesn't bottom out so the pressure on it will deform its side edges with time and that is when it get loose again.

Don't ask me how I know this..

Thanks for your input...I was wondering exact the same..if this just will continue. As for now the plan to get this temporary improved and working/running. Then next step I would make a plan for improved setup who also should be ready for adding more batteries in future. When I calculated and built my setup I was quite sure I would not need to expand it in the future but after experience the hot season with less optimal sun direction and school vacation with kid home and run his AC, I'm more open for the idea to expand capacity.

Pink

Overheated terminations and wire is the first step in the recipe for a wiring fire. 
i would fix those first, including any others that have  not warned you with discoloration and melting - asap.

Remember, heat rises.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, degrub said:

Overheated terminations and wire is the first step in the recipe for a wiring fire. 
i would fix those first, including any others that have  not warned you with discoloration and melting - asap.

Remember, heat rises.

Hello

This was taken care of asap as soon I discovered it.. Now also with temp monitor on each breaker.

Pink