Bkk pollution

Celsius

it's almost May and it's still in the red every day. I think it's also raining a bit every night and it is still very unhealthy.

I don't remember lasting this long in the past.

• Like 1

"I don't remember lasting this long in the past."

I do, as they arrived very late last year.   Sticks in my mind, as the rain usually starts end of April, first week of May.   Brother told me last year, May 20ish, that after Nam this year, thinking of come to TH afterwards, and I told him not to, as too hot, too polluted, or rainy.  Rains have not started enough to knock down the pollution, or dampen everything enough so they'd stop burning, at that time.

He did can the idea, though will be in Nam this week, as OZ, NZ & Nam was already booked.  Bummer, as it's the same as here now ... crap air.  He rescheduled TH for first of Nov, this year.

40 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Which now also leads me to something else - that IQAir is downplaying actual numbers.

As I can't edit it anymore, I wanted to add screenshots of this:

This is what sensor actually read at noon, when it got a beep from IQAir to fetch the data:

228023.thumb.jpg.1423222d3c66289c5ce29b2d54832407.jpg

And this is what AirVisual by IQAir actually showed a few minutes later:

228024.jpg.a0a1c2d668a36bf70f4307124f6fbc91.jpg228025.jpg.10d67853d6b420b72252110db8cdfa0d.jpg228026.thumb.jpg.a1f32252353770a4ddfe62e7ed33e165.jpg

That's quite a discrepancy... Or is it that it doesn't use all data? No idea. But makes me curious about trusting AirVisual numbers now.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Celsius said:

it's almost May and it's still in the red every day. I think it's also raining a bit every night and it is still very unhealthy.

I don't remember lasting this long in the past.

Sad to say but BKK is simply unlivable these days.

Last time I went there I was drained after a week.

Same goes for Chiang Mai btw.