Brawl Involving 20 Men in Pattaya Leaves One Person Seriously Injured

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya —A group of nearly 20 teenagers brutally assaulted a man during Wanlai celebrations in Pattaya, leaving him with serious head injuries.

The incident occurred in the early hours of April 19th, 2024, in Soi Nern Plab Wan, Pattaya. The violence was captured on video by a bystander and went viral on social media for its brutality.

In the video clip, more than 20 men appear to be assaulting a man wearing a purple shirt until he fell unconscious on the ground. In their hands, they held objects resembling garbage scoops and brooms to attack the lone victim.

Initially, the attackers retreated when the victim lost consciousness. However, when the victim attempted to stand up and walk away, he was struck again by the same group until he collapsed unconscious for the second time. 

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: Matichon

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-22

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Sounds like a gang hit. I'm sure this isn't a total stranger to the murderous gang. Certainly reflects negatively on Pattaya. YMMV

Seeing such an incident nearby sort of taught me songkran has it's dangers, many years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

The family friendly jewel in the crown Pattaya strikes again.

Boring old regurgitated quotes strike again.

Songkran, people drunk brawling all over the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's the culture. No different really to a pack of wild dogs. And such violence is always there bubbling just under the surface, waiting like a volcano to explode.

Yes the culture.....

A culture where kids are forced to show respect to elders, rather than simply showed how to be friendly.

A culture where people teach their children that adults are more worthy than them, you have to 'wai' to adults.

Seems to me that when these kids grow up, they want to show that now, they are 'grown-ups', but ill equipped to do so based on their upbringing.

And they do not want to fail in showing that they are now strong. Even if it takes 5 of them to show their newly-acquired manhood...

There is something real nasty that has been embedded in the mind of these people....

Not seen in my culture. Anyone has another cause to effect reasoning for this behavior that we see here....

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

yay songkran...I come for the violence--I stay for the road deaths!  sanook mak!

Nowt wrong with a bit off biff and gene pool reduction

56 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Yes the culture.....

A culture where kids are forced to show respect to elders, rather than simply showed how to be friendly.

A culture where people teach their children that adults are more worthy than them, you have to 'wai' to adults.

Seems to me that when these kids grow up, they want to show that now, they are 'grown-ups', but ill equipped to do so based on their upbringing.

And they do not want to fail in showing that they are now strong. Even if it takes 5 of them to show their newly-acquired manhood...

There is something real nasty that has been embedded in the mind of these people....

Not seen in my culture. Anyone has another cause to effect reasoning for this behavior that we see here....

I see nothing wrong with brats being taught to respect their elders, The protocols regarding the "wai" are a little too complicated for  most foreigners to fully understand.  None of that is relevant to this story

Perhaps if Thailand had a more established football league young males might find a more appropriate medium in which to vent their natural aggressions just like in the "civilised" countries in western europe

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Boring old regurgitated quotes strike again.

Songkran, people drunk brawling all over the country.

IN fact most days their are drunk people brawling all over the world, Its hardly unique to Thailand or Songkran

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

Yes the culture.....

What nonsense! Thais are on the whole coward's and bullies. They lasted meer minutes when Japan invaded, their hands up and white flags flaping in the wind. It is ingrained so they will only fight when they think they are on the winning side. Why so close to China? Because they wrongly think China is stronger the same mistake they made with Japan. Thai history is full of examples. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

IN fact most days their are drunk people brawling all over the world, Its hardly unique to Thailand or Songkran

Nor Pattaya.....

But some keep thinking they are funny by dragging up the old cliches 🙂 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Nor Pattaya.....

But some keep thinking they are funny by dragging up the old cliches 🙂 

indeed, I am amazed that nobody has mentioned "quality tourists" then again I blame Donald Trump

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2024 at 9:07 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Darkside, very dangerous 😱

Farang ghetto full of half Thai prostitute half farang monger kids. 

It isnt any wonder these poor children dont behave well. 

Apple doesnt fall far from the trees.

• Sad 1