Hua Hin car wash owner given water bill for almost 40,000 THB

image.jpeg

The Hua Hin Municipal Authority has launched an investigation after Phudis Arunoros, the owner of Moly Car Care, received an extraordinarily high water bill amounting to 38,624.70 baht for March, a figure nearly 80 times his usual monthly expense.

On April 19, Arunoros took to the business’s Facebook page, Moly Car Care @Hua-Hin, to express his disbelief by posting an image of the bill issued by the Hua Hin Municipal Authority, accompanied by a bewildered comment, “What is this… the water doesn’t even flow, where does this come from, 38,624.70 baht? I almost spend 10,000 baht on water myself.”

Arunoros, who has been operating his car care shop for 17 years, noted that the typical water cost for his business hovers around 500 baht per month, with additional water purchases from private tankers, bringing his total monthly expenditure to approximately 2,000-3,000 baht. However, due to the known water shortages in Hua Hin from March to April, his facility received little to no municipal water supply, forcing him to spend close to 10,000 baht on water from private sources.

By Online Reporter

Full story: HUA HIN TODAY 2024-04-22

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

31 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

normally  500 THB a month for a carwash??? seems a bit low as we are living in a normal house with normal usage of water and we pay between 350-450 THB a month...for 2 people

Are you paying to MWA directly or to a land lord? we usually pay 139 Baht and we live in a house with 2 people and uses water a lot.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

normally  500 THB a month for a carwash??? seems a bit low as we are living in a normal house with normal usage of water and we pay between 350-450 THB a month...for 2 people

did you miss the part about buying additional water and having it delivered ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

do you wash your cars a lot?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I'm realy surprised about that at best.

Here , where I live on 1 Rai of land, I don't even pay 100/thb a month, and I also spray the garden, also we stay with 2 persons.

• Like 1

I have no idea why our bill is that high, but we directly to the MWA, and also wash my car and water the garden..... Anyway it is not bad what we pay for years already...Sop it seems a bit strange that a carwash pays almost the same

Our bill is around 80-100 baht per month.....and we are far from mean with it.

It sounds like this guy has a major underground leak, if the meter readings are correct.