Bannon says House Republicans secretly want Trump to lose

Social Media

image.png

In a fiery tirade on his "War Room" podcast, former President Trump's 2016 campaign executive, Steve Bannon, unleashed scathing criticism against House Republicans, alleging a covert desire among GOP members for Trump to fail in his 2024 White House bid.

Bannon's accusations took aim at Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), questioning the lack of criminal conspiracy investigations against him by authorities in Georgia and New York City. He pointedly criticized the Justice Department for its inaction, suggesting a lack of genuine support for Trump within Republican ranks.

"Why does Jordan not have a criminal conspiracy investigation?" Bannon demanded, highlighting what he perceives as performative support from Jordan and other GOP leaders. He lamented the absence of substantive efforts to defend Trump, emphasizing the disparity between rhetoric and action.

The conservative pundit lambasted House Judiciary Committee chairman Jim Jordan, dismissing his public displays of loyalty to Trump as mere theatrics. Bannon scoffed at Jordan's appearances on media platforms like "Hannity," asserting that hollow promises and social media posts fail to translate into tangible support for the former president.

"Nothing's happening to support President Trump," Bannon declared emphatically, underscoring his belief that Republican leadership lacks the resolve to stand behind Trump in meaningful ways.

Bannon's remarks coincide with mounting discontent within the Republican Party, with calls intensifying for the removal of Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.). Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) echoed Bannon's sentiments, accusing Johnson of betrayal and advocating for his ouster.

"[Johnson] betrayed everyone," Greene asserted, reflecting the frustration among Republican voters over perceived betrayals by party leadership.

Bannon echoed Greene's sentiments, insisting that Johnson must be replaced to restore trust and integrity within the Republican ranks. The episode underscores the growing divide within the GOP and the challenges facing Trump's political aspirations as he prepares for a potential 2024 presidential campaign.

2024-04-24

Source

image.png

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I thought Bannon would be all for Trump to lose, but then I realised that I was thinking of Bolton.

Far as I know many in the GOP despise Trump as much as the Dems do. After all, they are part of the swamp too.

Exactly! Trumpers and non-Trumpers are part of the same GOP swamp! 😃

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Only means he was right all along.   Nobody likes him, because they are criminals, and being exposed.  Why that part of him I like.

Only amazing thing is ... he's still alive :coffee1:

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

. I thought Bannon would be all for Trump to lose, but then I realised that I was thinking of Bolton.

Quick pocket guide - Bannon is the aging rocker who badly needs to wash his hair, Bolton is the one who looks like the fire chief from Trumpton.

Alternatively, Bolton is the one who makes rather more sense!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Quick pocket guide - Bannon is the aging rocker who badly needs to wash his hair, Bolton is the one who looks like the fire chief from Trumpton.

Alternatively, Bolton is the one who makes rather more sense!

Bolton the warmonger makes sense? LOL.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Only means he was right all along.   Nobody likes him, because they are criminals, and being exposed.  Why that part of him I like.

Only amazing thing is ... he's still alive :coffee1:

Agree. Probably why the Dems apparently want the secret service protection removed if he gets convicted of a crime. That way he gets dead before the vote.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree. Probably why the Dems apparently want the secret service protection removed if he gets convicted of a crime. That way he gets dead before the vote.

He should release a statement ... " I will not commit suicide " :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1