Cannabis Use Greatest Among Lower-Income and Less Educated

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's sort of true.

Anyone with plenty of money in the UK snorts cocaine and drinks fine wines.

The lower income peeps just drink alcohol and smoke weed.

At work we always used to say, 'snorting cocaine is god's way of saying you're paid too much money'.

Rich housewives drink better booze and mess around with the help. 

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Also poverty you can't beat the tax advantages

My taxes fell off the face of a cliff when I left work and the pension kicked in.  The people in the middle bear the brunt of everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Could it be that weed helps people divorce themselves from materialistic culture?

I think you may be on to something ,in fact I'm convinced.   Further more I have never met a more materialistic nation of people than the Thais.despite the teachings of the Buddha.   I guess they lost that page

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I think you may be on to something ,in fact I'm convinced.   Further more I have never met a more materialistic nation of people than the Thais.despite the teachings of the Buddha.   I guess they lost that page

All religions preach the same thing regarding materialism, yet who is at the top of the financial food chain?  Deeply religious men who wear small, black hats.  

Show me someone who was wealthy and renounced materialism.  They're as rare as hen's teeth.  People smoke dope because they were never in the game in the first place. Nothing wrong with that, but you can't renounce what you've never had. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The data doesn't prove much about why people take drugs. That is why catching dealers never results in the end of drug taking.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

The Thais are rank amateurs in materialism when compared to the Chinese.  

3 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

If you don't have much in your brain, you don't need to care about to blast off what is left.

In short: only the stupid consume cannabis for fun.👎

Ridiculous, ignorant comment.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

just another pointless poll producing nonsense statistics which no doubt support the views of those who commissioned it.  Nothing to see move along

Nooo, it points out that I don't have a low IQ, as I have never touched the stuff, or any other stuff for that matter........😂

That said...........:drunk:

I was sitting in the weed lounge, minding my own business  when some guy flew into a rage and glassed me with a water bong.......said nobody, ever. 

13 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

If you don't have much in your brain, you don't need to care about to blast off what is left.

In short: only the stupid consume cannabis for fun.👎

can someone please translate this comment into actual english. i am far too stupid to understand it. 

14 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Ridiculous, ignorant comment.

Hmmmh, I asked you yesterday, what is so ridiculous or ignorant about my comment.

However, for long time users of cannabis it could be difficult to give a coherent answer.

As I helped people my whole life I will not exclude you:

Here is something to read for you:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4827335/

Share it with all your cannabis friends.🙏

I'm poor and uneducated and I smoke a sh*t tons of weed. But I know a guy who is a genius, has more money than he knows what to do with, and he smokes twice as much as me. So now what?

My above comment is about as pointless and inconclusive as this entire inane thread. 

It is like Bollywood - the poorer are happy to escape reality for a mental break. Some go to the cinema (like in Mumbai), others get completely drunk (half Isan) and some smoke weed. 

Latter is also smoked - quite apparently - most likely in various government offices which spring to mind with fantastic statistics, forecasts and assumptions. 

• Thanks 1

It’s fascinating that with all the violence, death and family break ups that alcohol and alcoholism cause, they are trying to scare everyone with the evil cannabis…

1. cannabis use does not incite violence…it usually has a calming effect

2. cannabis use does not cause addiction… unless that individual has addictive behaviors… in which case everything can become addictive to them…hinting at psychological problems…

3. Legal Cannabis use should be restricted to adult use just like alcohol…

I am over 70 years of age, I have yet to heard of a medically verified death cause only by consumption of cannabis…can not say that about alcohol.

In the States, after the states legalize cannabis, alcohol sales and deaths from alcohol are down…sorta like what’s happening here in Thailand…the big alcohol distilleries/ beverage companies are losing money because of cannabis…so now the BigMoney is pushing back….

The amount of death and destruction sanctioned by BigMoney/Alcohol is easily discoverable for any country you can name…

The governmental studies done in the States like the NIH and the like, are bias… I mean who wants to believe any thing the Government puts out, NIH, Biden, and Congress…

A lot of us are going to be very surprised at the release of information within the next 6 months… 

• Thumbs Up 2

The basis for making cannabis illegal has multiple selfish interests…

1920s…every farmer was “paid” to grow hemp/cannabis for fibers in rope making…hemp/ cannabis processors soon were expanding in to “finer fibers”, producing paper, oils, medicine and fine clothing manufacturing…

The largest paper user was the big newspaper owner William Randolph Hearst, who had invested heavily in tree/forest companies to supply paper…hemp/cannabis paper production seriously hurt the big newspaper companies investment in trees/ forests and also forest’s management companies…hemp/cannabis production in one year could produce more paper year for year than tree/forest production simply because trees take longer to grow…one acre of hemp/cannabis can produce more than one acre of trees in one year…

On 7/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, wombat said:

here is one hot off the press

weed pittsb.png

On 7/20/2021 at 4:05 PM, mrfill said:

Nonsense meme.

Now read about Randolph Hearst and his lobbying to get hemp of all kind banned so

as not to damage his newsprint industry.

DuPont Company was also on he verge of releasing it’s own discovery of of synthetic fibers…

The finer fabrics and threads of hemp/cannabis production were an immediate threat to DuPont’s new synthetic fibers and the cotton industry…Hemp/cannabis is easy to grow, in any warm climate, wet or dry, does not require special care…cotton on the other hand  requires multiple treatments of fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides for growth…

DuPont/ Newspapers (Heirst) were exceptionally weathly and hemp/cannabis production was cutting into profits…They hired a “propagandist” to takeout the hemp/cannabis industry…

On 7/13/2021 at 1:32 PM, wombat said:

weed2.jpg

And…the rest is history…

It is ALL about MONEY and CONTROL…

Within six months… All the lies will be revealed…

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hotpepper53 said:

I have yet to heard of a medically verified death cause only by consumption of cannabis

There is no LD 50 number for cannabis. 

I don't think marijuana is as benign as people say it is, but it's far less destructive than alcohol. There were a few families I knew as a child that were torn apart by an alcoholic parent.  

Schizophrenics and weed are a very bad combination.