Thai woman spills beans on corrupt cop’s love-linked traffic fines

snoop1130

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would anybody pay a police fine into a personal bank account? It doesn't make any sense.

And the police officer must be also mentally challenged. Receiving bribes per traceable bank transfers. What a glorious idea.

They are mentally challenged. You've concluded the investigation. Good stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Road side tips are a common practice, 2,000 baht at the station or 1,000 now and no receipt.

We all know where the money goes

But i thought the Dibble got half the fine anyway so the theory you mention is moot.

7 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

A committee? It should go straight to the Police complaints dept, if their is such a thing.

that office is on the 15th Floor of the Inactive Posts building.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would anybody pay a police fine into a personal bank account? It doesn't make any sense.

And the police officer must be also mentally challenged. Receiving bribes per traceable bank transfers. What a glorious idea.

Well I suppose the offer of a hefty 50% discount would clinch the deal. If the fine is recorded as paid, job done.

As for traceable bank transfers, he probably simply never expected anyone to bother tracing them.

Imagine it, traffic officer issues fine from pad, "close friend" receives pad, receives money, issues receipt. If there is no independent accounting or cross referencing of tickets issued and receipts issued (and "close friend" is no doubt responsible for reconciling the two) then job is a good 'un!

Probably a defamation case pending...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

He should have stuck with the old cash on the spot payments.

So I guess she didn't identify herself as a police officer.  They usually don't fine each other.  That's why you see the badges on the  front of cars.  Although one police officer I know told me a lot of them are fake.  I had asked him for one for my car.  🙃

Edited by rwill

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Road side tips are a common practice, 2,000 baht at the station or 1,000 now and no receipt.

I never paid more than 200B on the roadside. Mostly 100B did the job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

2012-37.jpg

A Thai policewoman shed light on police corruption through social media posts, accusing a fellow police officer at Mueang Khon Kaen Police Station of directing traffic fine payments into his alleged girlfriend's bank account.

The woman, with known details referred to as Police Senior Sergeant Major S., exposed his actions on the Facebook page, Khon Kaen Mee Darn, on April 21.

She claimed that Officer S. fined her 2,000 baht for breaking several traffic rules and asked her to pay at the police station. However, he later reduced the fine to 1,000 baht, directing her to transfer the amount to a woman named Maturot's bank account. Officer S. claimed Maturot was also a police officer responsible for managing traffic fines.

She grew suspicious as she had never been offered a fine reduction before and didn't receive an official receipt. Upon sharing her experience, it emerged that many others had also transferred money into Maturot's bank account, paying between 500 to 1,000 baht.

The incident went viral, with the Mueang Khon Kaen Police Station responding to the allegations. Superintendent Yotsawat Kaewsuebthunyanit confirmed that Officer S. was under his command.

Officer S. initially denied the allegations, claiming he intended to take the collected fines to the station. Unconvinced, Yotsawat set up a committee to investigate the matter.

While speculation grows over Officer S.'s relationship with Maturot, she denied any romance with him, stating she was just a close friend. An ongoing investigation is currently perusing the transactions in Maturot's bank account as reported by Channel 3.

Caption: Photo via Facebook/ ขอนแก่นมีด่านบอกด้วย แจ้งข่าว and ThaiRath

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-24

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

So the writer of  this story is using the name S  for 1/2 the people involved? I think it must be a new way to cover up and deflect attention from the bad guys. 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

it emerged that many others had also transferred money into Maturot's bank account, paying between 500 to 1,000 baht.

Is that not Fraud ? What charges will She have ? Complicit to theft ? 

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Because you get fined the full amount if you pay into an official account. If you agree to pay a reduced fine without receipt you're directed to the personal account. It's a way of saving some money.

Agree, the officer is a moron for involving his gik's account. Should have just asked for a cash handout as everyone knows what going on anyway.

Few years ago the army turned up on the estate in a personnel truck to get the head of the committee out of his house accused of stealing service charge fees running into millions. When it was no go they sent off to his work place to get his boss to come and try talking him out- from the local Police station!

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:
5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

But i thought the Dibble got half the fine anyway so the theory you mention is moot.

The illegal practice that he mentions is not moot, it is well known as happening.   I believe that you're referring to the official 50% split of the collected fines between the RTP and the BMA but the RTP's 50% goes to the police station or area, not to the individual officer who wrote the ticket.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess if they fired and jailed every cop that is on the take, there would be a serious shortage ... lol .... everybody top to bottom, corrupted as hell, people kept dumb so nobody dares to complain

good on the woman