Taking Thai to UK

A German friend told me that he read recently ( he cannot remember where ) that the UK immigration has made it a lot easier to go there with your Thai partner , for short breaks of around 2 weeks . Has anyone heard the same ?

• Confused 1

So long as the application meets the criteria (finacial, relationship, reason for travel etc.) and it can be demonstrated that the visitor will depart UK at end of the visit. A friend posted recently that lots of Thai girls are posting their rejection letters on Facebook. My Cambodian GF received her (second) UK visit visa this week.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

So long as the application meets the criteria (finacial, relationship, reason for travel etc.) and it can be demonstrated that the visitor will depart UK at end of the visit. A friend posted recently that lots of Thai girls are posting their rejection letters on Facebook. My Cambodian GF received her (second) UK visit visa this week.

Please tell me how it can be demonstrated that the visitor will depart the UK at the end of the visit , especially for a self employed person such as my lady who has her own business and house . She was turned down last time because it was not believed she would return to Thailand . Do your g/f use an agent   ?

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, superal said:

Please tell me how it can be demonstrated that the visitor will depart the UK at the end of the visit , especially for a self employed person such as my lady who has her own business and house . She was turned down last time because it was not believed she would return to Thailand . Do your g/f use an agent   ?

That should be sufficient enough. Clearly they had doubts she would leave. I'm a firm beleiver that it is the way the application is presented, supporting documentation in addition to a compelling covering letter explaining yours and her circumstances. Fwiw, my GF lives in a rented room in Thailand and does not work. She has a half Thai son who she cares for and goes to school there. 

An agent may be able to help you prepare for next application with more chance of success. BTW, I have done applications for two previous Thai gfs over the last 10 years and all were successful. 

42 minutes ago, superal said:

Please tell me how it can be demonstrated that the visitor will depart the UK at the end of the visit , especially for a self employed person such as my lady who has her own business and house.

The Entry Clearance Officer, the decision maker, makes a judgment call that on the balance of probabilities and based on all the evidence supplied by the applicant it is likely that they will leave the UK at the conclusion of their proposed visit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Had experience with applyingfor  visa for my thai g.f . to come to Ausralia which is very difficult I was advied to always give the immigration more info than than they ask for..If they ask for 5 references give them 8.Worked for me 3 times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1