Refused exit with multiple entry with non O

Today I did a border bounce at Ban Ron. I have a multiple entry non O visa which is valid until August. Immigration refused me exit and said because I have used this visa twice at land borders, I must fly out. Of course, I tried to explain this was a multiple entry visa that I had and never had problems using it more than twice at a land crossing before, But she was having none of that. I then tried to use an official who was walking about and tried with him. He took my passport, but soon returned and said no, I had to leave by plane.

I then walked away, thoroughly annoyed, but returned fifteen minutes later and joined the queue for another window and immigration officer. This time success and no problems. Likewise leaving had no problems and received my ninety days.

I guess another case of TIT. This lady who rejected me was no spring chicken, so she surely should have known the rules.

Just to mention. The last couple of times at Ban Ron it was not too busy. Today was choc a bloc at the Thai exit and entry desks, but the Cambodian entry and exit desks were quiet.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's disappointing that you were put through the ringer. 

Even more so with a valid multi non O.

Thanks, I am still getting over it. Missed out on my spaghetti and chicken, at the border cafe. Plus I kept everybody on the bus waiting.

2 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

Thanks, I am still getting over it. Missed out on my spaghetti and chicken, at the border cafe. Plus I kept everybody on the bus waiting.

Bit off topic...if you are located Bangkok consider run to Saigon.

Especially if your pp provides visa exempt entry to Vietnam.

Bit biased as I love the joint for a weekend+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit off topic...if you are located Bangkok consider run to Saigon.

Especially if your pp provides visa exempt entry to Vietnam.

Bit biased as I love the joint for a weekend+

Moving back to Pattaya as my wife just died last week. Too many memories of looking after her here in Bangkok.

• Sad 5

I’ve had this happen too. And the border was so small I didn’t feel I could reenter the line. I mean she was my only option. Funny it could possibly be the same lady lol. Maybe mid 50’s and skinny? I guess that describes most of them haha. 

She told me “you cannot cross here again” and I went back there next time and she wasn’t there so didn’t have a problem.

My big question was, what if I would have told her I will stay in Cambodia overnight? Would that have done it? I never understood how she could legally deny me exit. 

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

I could be wrong, but very often a majority of problems are caused mainly by female immigration staff. But I feel bad saying this as it sounds sexist and I am absolutely not one of those.

I’ve noticed this pattern myself. They let their hunger pains dictate if they will stamp your visa or not. Best to come back after lunch. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Today I did a border bounce at Ban Ron. I have a multiple entry non O visa which is valid until August. Immigration refused me exit and said because I have used this visa twice at land borders, I must fly out.

That's a new one and completely nonsensical of course. Sorry to hear about your ordeal. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Randy99 said:

I believe now that Immigration was  in cahoots with one particular visa agent in Pattaya although I have no proof of that.   Uggg.

What would be the benefit for that agent? If you have to fly out, the agent doesn't get any money.

On 4/26/2024 at 12:45 PM, DrJack54 said:

It's disappointing that you were put through the ringer. 

Even more so with a valid multi non O.

Gets better than that. Do a border bounce from samui ( long day) . Even with multiple entry non o you have to pay extra 1 thousand baht to the  agency who then pays the i.os at said land border crossings on 1 day trip. So you can get back in ext . At least you get to ware a neck lace with the agents name on it so the i.os know have have paid

22 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Moving back to Pattaya as my wife just died last week. Too many memories of looking after her here in Bangkok.

Sorry to read that, chum........😥

7 minutes ago, dirtybirty said:

Gets better than that. Do a border bounce from samui ( long day) . Even with multiple entry non o you have to pay extra 1 thousand baht to the  agency who then pays the i.os at said land border crossings on 1 day trip. So you can get back in ext . At least you get to ware a neck lace with the agents name on it so the i.os know have have paid

Seems to be common place for some border bounce same day.

I hate that saying "it is what it is" 

However seems to sum up the reality. 

this happened to me before at the same border, refused to stamp me out and told me that I had done it 2 times already and to go to Bangkok and get 90 extensions, end up paying 500bht for them to stamp me out.

5 hours ago, vinci said:

the border is called Ban Pakkad Border Checkpoint, it is in Pong Nam Ron District

Maybe. From the OP it isn't clear if he went to the Ban Laem checkpoint or to the Ban Pakkard checkpoint. They're both in the same district. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Caldera said:

Maybe. From the OP it isn't clear if he went to the Ban Laem checkpoint or to the Ban Pakkard checkpoint. They're both in the same district. 

Ban Laem checkpoint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had it happen to me twice, both at Ban Laem and at Ban Pakkard. Both times it was because the IO failed to notice that I have a MULTIPLE entry visa. Each time, after they finally realized it, they let me through. The Cambodian side also needed a lot of pointing out that I still have a valid multiple entry visa.

• Thumbs Up 1