Telephone Recorder

ChiangMaiThai

In the US and UK, a very common product is an analog or digital telephone recorder, usually used by companies who need to monitor customer service. I can not find any such product in Thailand and I have checked with the major electronic retailers. Does anyone know where I might find such a specialty product here?

In the US and UK, a very common product is an analog or digital telephone recorder, usually used by companies who need to monitor customer service. I can not find any such product in Thailand and I have checked with the major electronic retailers. Does anyone know where I might find such a specialty product here?

Did you google this, because I think that I saw a freeware or shareware that turns a PC into a recorder for both sec. cams and telephone calls. can't remm the name of it. Sounds simple enough to do. Why by equipment.

There is {was?} a Radio Shack in Sukhumvit, in the mall opposite Gaysorn behind Erawan {yes I'm typing trying to remember the name :o}, same floor as the pedestrian bridge from the BTS.

Regards

PS Amarin Plaza I think.

Edited by A_Traveller

Did you google this, because I think that I saw a freeware or shareware that turns a PC into a recorder for both sec. cams and telephone calls. can't remm the name of it. Sounds simple enough to do. Why by equipment.

I believe the software was called modem spy.

a parallel(or serial not sure) phone line goes into your modem. whenever the phone is in use the software picks the line and records. advantage of using the software solution is perhaps u can set it to email the recordings to you... so even if u r out of office, u know whats going on (not that spying on employees is a good thing)

if u need it for longterm use then hardware would be more appropriate.... i doubt if ull get it in the big retailers. the only way to find it would be first to do some research on the net. acquaint yourself with what it should look like, then digg in the following places... panthip plaza ground floor, electronics market in china town ... if these dont help u then order it on ebay.

Guest Reimar

In the MBK on 4. floor a few shop's having Phone Recorder cost from about 2,500 up. That's the shops which selling Fax machines and "normal" telephones and some household electronic.

If you are using it commercially for a call centre etc.. then recording calls is a necessity for many reasons, and it is not "spying".

These days software solutions are used which store the recorded data on a PC hard drive, and backed up onto DVD.

I have experience with the Veritel system by Activa Solutions in the UK, and find it simple and easy to use. They may be able to help, or at least point you in the right direction to someone who can in Thailand.

In any case I think you should be looking for a software solution rather than a standalone recorder, and definitely not a "tape" machine.. nothing but trouble ime.

A lot of the time the people who provide the pbx system will normally offer a recording service in a package

Totster :o