Question about Long Term Residency Visa

I understand if Thailand introduces the new tax laws in 2025 for expats the Long Term Residency Visa's will eliminate you from having to pay tax on the money you bring into Thailand. Only problem is you need to invest 10,000,000 Baht into Thai property or bonds. As foreigners we cant not buy house or land without setting up a company first. If you set up a company and bought a house/land for over 10,000,000 Baht would this enable you to apply for a Long Term Residency Visa or does the investment need to be in condo/condos in your own name. Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks for the replies. At the weekend I will read through the links above. For you guys that have replied to the thread and have the LTR. Did you use a visa agent to get the LTR or did you fill out all the forms and apply yourself. 

3 hours ago, Eddie45 said:

For you guys that have replied to the thread and have the LTR. Did you use a visa agent to get the LTR or did you fill out all the forms and apply yourself. 

I did not use an agent to get the LTR Visa.   I did most my document submissions to BoI electronically, uploading via Internet, from my seafront condo balcony, with my feet up, sipping a glass of wine.

It took me longer than most to get the LTR visa, as I more or less very slowly fed information to BoI on my finances,  tooth and nail (as i didn't want to reveal my full financial state).   The biggest delays for me was (1) BoI wanted government response/proof of my income from my latest foreign income tax return (which I had not yet submitted - and that took me time to put together, submit a tax return to the foreign government, and get the foreign government income confirmation response), and (2) BoI wanted a copy of a Thai Government bond certificate (which is not nominally issued any more, but rather one is provided a bond book by the banks).  After a few weeks of no progress I finally was able to get the Thai bank to write a 'to whom it may concern' letter to BoI about the bond and also get the Thai bank to edit my bond book to add the detailed bond information BoI wanted to see (where that information is not nominally in a bond book, but it is in a bond certificate).    Still pretty much most of the delays boiled down to me slowly feeding BoI the information they wanted, avoiding to provide a full reveal of my financial status.

I don't think an agent will offer any advantages here - one still need to provide the financial proof to the agent.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Eddie45 said:

Thanks for the replies. At the weekend I will read through the links above. For you guys that have replied to the thread and have the LTR. Did you use a visa agent to get the LTR or did you fill out all the forms and apply yourself. 

Agent not needed.  BOJ officers extremely helpful and speak English well.  If you have the proper documentation to provide proof of the requirements, it goes smoothly and quickly. Good luck

• Like 1