Trump Leads Biden in Hypothetical Match-up: What This Means for the 2024 Election

Social Media

image.png

In a recent survey conducted by SSRS for CNN, former President Trump emerged with a lead over President Biden in a hypothetical match-up for the 2024 election. The findings showed that Trump had the support of 49 percent of registered voters, while Biden trailed behind with 43 percent. These results echo previous surveys conducted by CNN in January and last fall, where Trump also held a 49 percent support while Biden had 45 percent.

Despite Trump's lead in the polls, both candidates faced a significant share of unfavorable views from voters. A staggering 58 percent of voters expressed an unfavorable view of Biden, while 55 percent held similar sentiments toward Trump. Additionally, 17 percent of voters indicated unfavorable views toward both candidates.

image.png

The survey also delivered unwelcome news for the Biden campaign, with 55 percent of respondents viewing Trump's presidency as a success, while only 39 percent said the same for Biden's tenure in office.

Reacting to the poll results, Trump took to social media platform Truth Social “GOOD POLL NUMBERS, FROM CNN OF ALL PLACES, AGAINST THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES (BY FAR!)."

The CNN poll, conducted from April 18-23, gathered responses from 1,212 participants, including 967 registered voters, with a margin of sampling error of 3.4 percentage points.

While the CNN poll indicates Trump's lead over Biden, other national polls present a close race between the two candidates. The Hill/Decision Desk’s national polling average illustrates Trump narrowly leading with 45.3 percent of support compared to Biden’s 44.7 percent.

These poll results underscore the continuing influence and polarizing nature of both Trump and Biden on the American political landscape. As the 2024 election draws nearer, these numbers will undoubtedly shape the strategies and narratives of both political camps. With such a closely contested race, every percentage point and voter sentiment will be crucial in determining the outcome of the election.

2024-05-01

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Love It 1

The US will never be defeated by China or Russia. Just by its own democratic & ideological incompetence.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Trump or Biden is like asking a condemned person if they would like a blindfold.. 

Either way you're still fooked.

Doesn't America have anything better to offer the people as President?

Apparently not.....the US is a political banana republic, 2 senile men, one a deranged fascist criminal who can apparently command 45% of the vote, that doesn't say a lot for the maturity of the American public

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

It's amazing that US would vote for a convict, in particular if you're aware what are his plans for his next term.

So my hopes are still that they will lock him away. Or that Americans will be awakened by common sense or an earth quake not to vote for that egomaniac erratic narcist.🙏

Is this posting an example of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) ?

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Apparently not.....the US is a political banana republic, 2 senile men, one a deranged fascist criminal who can apparently command 45% of the vote, that doesn't say a lot for the maturity of the American public

Most of the public are too drugged up to know what day it is, the rest are just glad to cross the border for now.

Shame as 50 years ago USA was a good place to be.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Tug said:

Personally as an American citizen and voter in my humble opinion trump is done,he’s set the women folk back 50 years and taken away their autonomy over their own body’s that bodes bad for trump.trump is under indictment for very grievous crimes against the United States.hes allways fawning over and supporting the worst authoritarian regimes on our planet.hes tryed to kill nato when his idol valid is trying to exterminate his neighbor……..nope not buying the trumps gonna win spiel 

As a European citizen I bloody well hope you're right. 

9 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Is this posting an example of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) ?

yep suffering from TDS alright... the Don will win and save the world! TRUMP 2024

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Doesn't America have anything better to offer the people as President?

That is the same question I asked when I first was able to vote in 1972.  Talk about discouraging.

We had a New Age charlatan in the running but she unfortunately dropped out again. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_Williamson

I was so looking forward to foreign policy decisions formed by astrology, forcing people to avoid communicable diseases by wearing crystals, contacting the Founding Fathers via ouija board, and solstices becoming Federal holidays.  But there's hope for the future:  WILLIAMSON 2028!

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2024 at 4:48 AM, Social Media said:

The survey also delivered unwelcome news for the Biden campaign, with 55 percent of respondents viewing Trump's presidency as a success, while only 39 percent said the same for Biden's tenure in office.

Even with this margin Trump leads by far.. but I think the cases against him that seem to be witch hunts turned criminal are going to bite Biden in the as_. Especially the ones in Georgia and New York. Making Trump the Prez. 

15 hours ago, Tug said:

Personally as an American citizen and voter in my humble opinion trump is done,he’s set the women folk back 50 years and taken away their autonomy over their own body’s that bodes bad for trump.trump is under indictment for very grievous crimes against the United States.hes allways fawning over and supporting the worst authoritarian regimes on our planet.hes tryed to kill nato when his idol valid is trying to exterminate his neighbor……..nope not buying the trumps gonna win spiel 

No, he hasn't. The Court decided to let the states decide for themselves, and they are. 

You might want to look at the polls that include JFK JR as a third choice. Apocalyptic for Biden.  

21 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

No, he hasn't. The Court decided to let the states decide for themselves, and they are. 

So, he's only responsible for setting back women's rights in states that have imposed severe restrictions on abortions.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, he's only responsible for setting back women's rights in states that have imposed severe restrictions on abortions.

Yes, exactly. And expanding their rights in states that don't want any restriction on abortion. Welcome to federalism?

Although I AM curious about what "severe restrictions" are and how many states have imposed them.  I guess you are talking about a Florida style ban after 6 weeks? 

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Yes, exactly. And expanding their rights in states that don't want any restriction on abortion. Welcome to federalism?

Although I AM curious about what "severe restrictions" are and how many states have imposed them.  I guess you are talking about a Florida style ban after 6 weeks? 

Trying to wriggle away from your previous comment. Here it is again:

"No, he hasn't. The Court decided to let the states decide for themselves, and they are."

And no, the Supreme Courts Dobbs decision didn't empower states to expand abortion right protection. They were always free to do so.

As for severe restrictions, I guess you are unfamiliar with the term "trigger law".

Supreme Court Will Hear Challenge to Idaho’s Near-Total Abortion Ban

The legal battle in Idaho is part of a broader wave of challenges following the 2022 Dobbs decision that overturned Roe v. Wade, when a so-called “trigger” law automatically came into effect in Idaho prohibiting all abortions except in cases where it is deemed necessary to prevent the mother's death.

https://time.com/6969108/supreme-court-idaho-abortion-ban-case/

New Texas law increasing penalties for abortion providers goes into effect Aug. 25

The U.S. Supreme Court issued its judgment Tuesday in the Mississippi case that revoked a constitutional right to abortion. That means Texas’ “trigger law” severely limiting the procedure will soon take effect.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07/26/texas-abortion-ban-dobbs/

Now that the Supreme Court has overturned Roe:

Missouri has begun to enforce its trigger ban to prohibit abortion entirely.

On June 24, 2022, Missouri began enforcing its trigger ban,[1] which bans all abortions except to save the life of the pregnant person, following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade in the case Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization.[2]

https://reproductiverights.org/maps/state/missouri/

• Thanks 1