Sky Residences, Pattaya

Do any of you know of Sky Residences in the Cozy Beach area of Pratumnak Hill in Pattaya, formerly known as The Legend Residences and Amari Residences? 

I am considering purchasing a two-bedroom/two-bathroom corner unit on a high floor with a great view of the bay and city. I would use it as a second home for the time being and perhaps a rental in the future.   

The sea views would likely never be blocked due to the so-called protected park area in front of it. One issue is the abandoned Waterfront Suites and Residence blocking what should be an unobstructed view. The project is close to all one could need, and the traffic situation seems reasonable.

What are your thoughts on this project?

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do you know the area? I don't like the Kasetsin area, one road in and out, a bit excluded. Prices and rent cheaper than a better area.

Don't buy thai company

I'm sure I don't know the area as well as you do, but the 'bit excluded' part I like. I won't go the Thai company route. Which better areas do you recommend where a buyer can find an unobstructed sea view, manageable traffic, and close to shopping, restaurants, banks, etc.?

11 minutes ago, TJM55 said:

I'm sure I don't know the area as well as you do, but the 'bit excluded' part I like. I won't go the Thai company route. Which better areas do you recommend where a buyer can find an unobstructed sea view, manageable traffic, and close to shopping, restaurants, banks, etc.?

Pratumnak, Jomtien, Central all better

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There is no doubt that it would be a real problem for sure, and perhaps a deal breaker.

How about the loud crack crack crack from the firecrackers at the temple all day long? Would drive me crazy.

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

How about the loud crack crack crack from the firecrackers at the temple all day long? Would drive me crazy.

i hear them sometimes,really not a problem. Dogs kick off at 5-6pm more annoying for 10 minutes, then there's the cockerels at 4am

2 hours ago, TJM55 said:

There are a number of seaview projects in Wongamat.   Just a short drive to T21, Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, Lotus's, Big C at Marina, Central Festival, etc. 

I stayed in that hotel many times. it's a nice place, but so difficult to get to if you don't have a car. it would not be easy to rent and units there are cheap for that reason.

2 hours ago, newnative said:

There are a number of seaview projects in Wongamat.   Just a short drive to T21, Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, Lotus's, Big C at Marina, Central Festival, etc. 

Thanks. Maybe I'll give Wongamat another look around.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

I stayed in that hotel many times. it's a nice place, but so difficult to get to if you don't have a car. it would not be easy to rent and units there are cheap for that reason.

A fair point.  

21 hours ago, TJM55 said:

The project is close to all one could need, and the traffic situation seems reasonable.

and another thing....traffic is terrible around there and Pratumnak hill on holidays, basically a car park, even tricky on a motorbike. A motorbike is essential

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

and another thing....traffic is terrible around there and Pratumnak hill on holidays, basically a car park, even tricky on a motorbike. A motorbike is essential

My motorbike days are behind me, so I would be driving a car if I decided to buy in Pratumnak Hill. Jomtien might be better for driving/parking.

42 minutes ago, TJM55 said:

My motorbike days are behind me, so I would be driving a car if I decided to buy in Pratumnak Hill. Jomtien might be better for driving/parking.

Better to rent first anyway, see how an area works for you

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Better to rent first anyway, see how an area works for you

I agree, preferably in the development I'm interested in. 

On 5/6/2024 at 10:53 AM, Toddel said:

The buying prices there are rather high compared to the rental yield you might get one day! 

I have noticed that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2024 at 4:33 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Do you know the area? I don't like the Kasetsin area, one road in and out, a bit excluded. Prices and rent cheaper than a better area.

Don't buy thai company

I tried walking in there when I first came to Pattaya to view a unit. I made it to the building, but did not even bother viewing the unit. No food around and needs a motorbike.

That area is not realistically walkable in and out even to the baht bus, though it's possible. Packs of wild dogs/dingo's in that park on the way in/out for one thing.

I thought you lived in that area? Or, are you further down near Unixx?

Edited by JimTripper

10 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I tried walking in there when I first came to Pattaya to view a unit. I made it to the building, but did not even bother viewing the unit. No food around and needs a motorbike.

That area is not realistically walkable in and out even to the baht bus, though it's possible. Packs of wild dogs/dingo's in that park on the way in/out for one thing.

I thought you lived in that area? Or, are you further down near Unixx?

I agree with what you experienced, it's just too far out of the way, a motorbike is essential. i live off Pratumnak Hill, 5-10 mins walk to baht bus, i walk to and from Buakhao and walking st easy 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Remember the golden rule here. Never buy. Only rent. Should it be with a lady or with property.

The tax climate is changing here and the visa issues for a decent period of stay are getting worse. I would even look at other Asian countries at the end of the day.

No problem buying even if people decide to live away from Thailand 6 months a year 

• Agree 1