Swiss man in Nong Khai killing intruder with gun.

Khyron

What ever happened with the Swiss man in Nong Khai who shot and killed the home intruder with the intruders own gun? I think it was well over a year ago, I haven't heard if he was charged or not.

Thanks.

There are many stories that are never followed up.

In this case, a search discovers nothing.

1 hour ago, Khyron said:

What ever happened with the Swiss man in Nong Khai who shot and killed the home intruder with the intruders own gun? I think it was well over a year ago, I haven't heard if he was charged or not.

Thanks.

That's one of my major complaint regarding news stories.

BREAKING - MAJOR PRESS RELEASE
Videos, interviews, Thai social media upheavals - News at Six!!!

Then.  <poof>  memory holed in 24 hours. No follow-up. 

"Who Cares Journalism" at its finest.  Off to report on the next shiny object.

It's like the guy on the three-wheel EV scooter who shot through an intersection and got T-boned by an Isuzu.  Guy's in ICU.  Lot's of discussion regarding who is in the wrong and who is in the right.  Did anyone see any follow-up.  That's a huge story at a public service level in order to educate the public about road safety on a number of different levels plus many are probably wondering what happened to the "elderly farang" and how the cops sorted it out.
But?
<crickets>

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Khyron said:

The Swiss guy never shot the alleged burglar. He beat him to death. Apparently he also fought with police when they raided his house. And 300,000 Baht was missing that was supposed to be in the burglars possession.

image.jpeg.e543d313b5c3b9805efa8ac89be3ef97.jpeg

Full story     https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/06/family-members-of-thai-man-who-was-killed-by-swiss-national-in-udon-thani-claim-motive-was-affair-not-money/

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The Swiss guy never shot the alleged burglar. He beat him to death. Apparently he also fought with police when they raided his house. And 300,000 Baht was missing that was supposed to be in the burglars possession.

image.jpeg.e543d313b5c3b9805efa8ac89be3ef97.jpeg

Full story     https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/06/family-members-of-thai-man-who-was-killed-by-swiss-national-in-udon-thani-claim-motive-was-affair-not-money/

Well the person who wrote the story is on fb so could be asked.

3 hours ago, connda said:

That's one of my major complaint regarding news stories.

BREAKING - MAJOR PRESS RELEASE
Videos, interviews, Thai social media upheavals - News at Six!!!

Then.  <poof>  memory holed in 24 hours. No follow-up. 

"Who Cares Journalism" at its finest.  Off to report on the next shiny object.

It's like the guy on the three-wheel EV scooter who shot through an intersection and got T-boned by an Isuzu.  Guy's in ICU.  Lot's of discussion regarding who is in the wrong and who is in the right.  Did anyone see any follow-up.  That's a huge story at a public service level in order to educate the public about road safety on a number of different levels plus many are probably wondering what happened to the "elderly farang" and how the cops sorted it out.
But?
<crickets>

well seeing report of the EV scooter coming across the intersection and being slammed by the lady - this AM news had a similar shot from the countryside - Pickup travelling along a highway at highway speed, comes to this side road (had a large white line across so vehicle there are to stop as the lady was required to do but this car apparently did exactly as the lady and shot out of the side street and

WHAM BAM smacked the crap out of the car and drove the pickup off the road!  I never did hear about injuries but the vehicles took their share of the damages.

5 hours ago, Khyron said:

Thanks.

It is none of your business anyway.

• Confused 1

Wow, time flies. I thought it was a year or so ago, but 3 years ago?

I just remembered there were some weird details concerning missing cash and such, forgot that there was a scuffle with the cops.

Sounds like nothing came of it, tea money passed around?

Thanks for the replies.