MWA Alerts About Possible Change in Tap Water Taste Due to High Tides

51486530327_f16d9bda34_b.jpg

The Metropolitan Waterworks Authority (MWA) has informed residents that the taste of tap water might alter a bit between May 9 and 15.

The shift in taste is caused by the high tides in the Chao Phraya River, which push saltwater upstream. Consequently, this saltwater affects the water drawn at the Samlae Pumping Station in Pathum Thani province, leading to changes in the taste of the treated tap water.

The areas likely to experience these changes are those located on the east side of the Chao Phraya River, including Bangkok, Nonthaburi, and Samut Prakan.

But residents have nothing to worry about; MWA assures that despite the change in taste, the tap water is still safe to drink. They also mention that they are closely following the situation and taking steps to keep the water quality as good as possible.

The MWA advises residents to stay updated on the water quality by checking the MWA's daily updates on Facebook, Line, Instagram (@MWAthailand), their website, or the MWA onMobile app.

File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-08

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

But residents have nothing to worry about; MWA assures that despite the change in taste, the tap water is still safe to drink. They also mention that they are closely following the situation and taking steps to keep the water quality as good as possible.

Reading between the lines, that's not very convincing.

If I leave my tap water in a saucepan or bowl for more than 24 hours, it smells of hydrogen sulphide, ie bad eggs. God only knows what bacteria is causing that. But I can't find a water testing lab in Pattaya.