Hua Hin Realtor

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

no Expat can though (reserved for Thais only).

Really? wow, I didn't know that!

I see thousands of sites of real-estate agencies run by farangs with openly posing pictures of themselves at luxury locations.

interesting twist!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Really? wow, I didn't know that!

I see thousands of sites of real-estate agencies run by farangs with openly posing pictures of themselves at luxury locations.

interesting twist!

Yes indeed - it is banned (but as you said many do it).

Can Foreigners Be Real Estate Agents in Thailand? - Integrity Legal - Law Firm in Bangkok | Bangkok Lawyer | Legal Services Thailand

IMO Thai authorities 'look the other way' because of a simple fact - how will Thais sell property to foreigners and get their money, if they cannot speak their language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

if they cannot speak their language.

I see. That makes sense: if your market of "rich suckers" is different from basic tinglish speaking, than yes, they need a "native communicator". No matter that they often lie to prospects about "special visa", 6-7 return of investment, specal discounts and other BS.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NativeBob said:

I see. That makes sense: if your market of "rich suckers" is different from basic tinglish speaking, than yes, they need a "native communicator". No matter that they often lie to prospects about "special visa", 6-7 return of investment, specal discounts and other BS.

Of course a law firm should handle any purchase.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Of course a law firm should handle any purchase.

I think "a law firm should be able to oversee the deal" but not "participate as an agent with commission paid".

Yes, I met both types of lawyers working for fixed rate and very few - for the part of the money their client demanded.

But those were very special cases with huge sums at stake. Some 5* resort at Samui didn't pay almost 10M for luxury pools and similar. So lawyer was happy with 15% reward.

4 hours ago, NativeBob said:

I think "a law firm should be able to oversee the deal" but not "participate as an agent with commission paid".

I think you missed my point. I would tell my lawyer to go and handle the agent and make sure the purchase is all above board and conducted properly.

The lawyer would be working for me, they don't get any commission.

Normally this would be called conveyancing.

• Agree 2

From my own experience of buying 8 different properties in Hua Hin, Pranbury and Prachuap Khiri Khan, The more I appreciate the advice Andy Dyett posed by in Hua Hin News Before I made another purchase here I would look him up and pick his brain for properties and especially locations. I have never used and agent but agree with his outlook and appreciate his opinions.

https://www.huahintoday.com/tag/hua-hin-property-expert/

2 hours ago, poobear said:

From my own experience of buying 8 different properties in Hua Hin, Pranbury and Prachuap Khiri Khan, The more I appreciate the advice Andy Dyett posed by in Hua Hin News Before I made another purchase here I would look him up and pick his brain for properties and especially locations. I have never used and agent but agree with his outlook and appreciate his opinions.

https://www.huahintoday.com/tag/hua-hin-property-expert/

I will look into it. Thanks.