How does the pay by QR code work on Lazada or Shopee?

Is it possible to get a QR code then take the code to 7-11 and pay there?

I am just not getting where the payment for the QR code comes from?

Thanks

Yes, you have payment options in my case it was right hand corner, QR code or credit card, click on it, as you go through the process the last step the QR code comes up on my pc screen, phone in hand open bank app you know the rest.

No idea how you can do it if you are using your phone to buy and pay, but yes, I now use this system after I deleted my digital card on Lazada even though they took 1b and sent it back wont recognize the new digital card for payment...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

No, paying at 7-11 is not possible.

If you choose the QR option, the payment comes from your bank app that scans the QR code, as per the details that Lazada provides for that option before you pay.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 minutes ago, Njoku said:

Dont do anything, crawl under a rock till it's all over......I pay 30b a month to have text messages sent to me daily on account balance, get a text every time I use the app to buy something, when I top up my account etc, get an email every time I log into my account and make payments...cant do much more than that.

That is good. Also get a bank account (separate bank) that has a minimal amount of cash in it (top it up now and then from another bank account) and use that account for those type of QR and 'scan' sales. Keep any account with your 400/800K or whatever amount separate, and never use it to pay online or via your phone.

I know a bit about IT security and 'physical separation' is the number one security measure. Some years ago I was using my 3rd or 4th account to make regular auto payments for rental payments each month.  When I stopped living there I withdrew whatever was in there and left $2 to keep it open. For several months afterwards I was sent notices that my rent payment had not accepted, and despite calling and emailing this went on for over 3 months - I even got a threatening letter saying I would be evicted and a summons to the Rental Tribunal. They eventually realised their werror and stopped the automatic payments and apologised. But I would have had over $6000 taken from my account if it was my only one. 

Not easy to get another bank account here - and it will be harder after July when they change the rules - get a couple extra now is my advice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

That is good. Also get a bank account (separate bank) that has a minimal amount of cash in it (top it up now and then from another bank account) and use that account for those type of QR and 'scan' sales. Keep any account with your 400/800K or whatever amount separate, and never use it to pay online or via your phone.

I know a bit about IT security and 'physical separation' is the number one security measure. Some years ago I was using my 3rd or 4th account to make regular auto payments for rental payments each month.  When I stopped living there I withdrew whatever was in there and left $2 to keep it open. For several months afterwards I was sent notices that my rent payment had not accepted, and despite calling and emailing this went on for over 3 months - I even got a threatening letter saying I would be evicted and a summons to the Rental Tribunal. They eventually realised their werror and stopped the automatic payments and apologised. But I would have had over $6000 taken from my account if it was my only one. 

Not easy to get another bank account here - and it will be harder after July when they change the rules - get a couple extra now is my advice. 

Yes I only keep enough for monthly and maybe a bit more expenses in my Thai bank account, prior too using the scan I used a wise digital card which I kept frozen until I needed to use, after maybe 6 to 8 transactions I wipe it and get another...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I select QR when making payment then when the code comes up i do a screen shot on my phone, i then go to my Kasikorn app and scan the same image, that pays and then i switch back to Lazada and the payment is confirmed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Njoku said:

Yes I only keep enough for monthly and maybe a bit more expenses in my Thai bank account, prior too using the scan I used a wise digital card which I kept frozen until I needed to use, after maybe 6 to 8 transactions I wipe it and get another...

Good - I wish more people (especially Thais) were aware of the simple methods to help reduce the chances of being scammed.

I would recommend you/everyone get at least one more bank account (2 in total) - with another bank - for another reason.  If for any reason your account is locked (failed ATM attempt to withdraw) while you are away and in another Province, you will be advised to return to your original bank branch in your Province to sort it all out (happended to us but I had a second account - now I have 3 plus the wife's 4).   Thai Banks are not really 'national' - they are Province by Province based and many serious issues require you to go back to that Province's bank branch.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Thanks

7-11 does not use QR codes the same way as other merchants and private parties. They have some other more tedious process that I don't use. 

17 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Good - I wish more people (especially Thais) were aware of the simple methods to help reduce the chances of being scammed.

I would recommend you/everyone get at least one more bank account (2 in total) - with another bank - for another reason.  If for any reason your account is locked (failed ATM attempt to withdraw) while you are away and in another Province, you will be advised to return to your original bank branch in your Province to sort it all out (happended to us but I had a second account - now I have 3 plus the wife's 4).   Thai Banks are not really 'national' - they are Province by Province based and many serious issues require you to go back to that Province's bank branch.

Having multiple accounts won't stop someone in the process of being scammed who bought the story.... hello this is the police/customs, your accounts are being investigated for fraud right now, you need to transfer your money to safeguard against investigation etc..... do you have any other accounts that might be compromised? 

https://www.itnews.asia/news/thailand-freezes-678-bank-accounts-in-action-against-online-scams-602120

A Th
ai friend of mine booked a hotel from Facebook page that was fake, the Facebook page not the hotel.  I hear from Thai friends that phishing calls and online scams are common.  Maybe it's because people are not as sensible as they should be when buying things online.  I hear lots of people buy things from social media rather than recognized online shopping sites that process the payments on behalf of the vendors with the option to cancel and be refunded.

I rememer years back before Lazada/Shopee I often had to make transfer to compaines in Bangkok, never particlarly large amounts but always had to trust that the website was genuine.  I think now I would be much more careful.

I bought something from Shopee two days ago and decided to pay with QR code because I had set my bank account debit card limit too low.  After purchase I messaged the seller who said the item wasn't in stock and would take 7-10 days which I decided could mean anything so decided to cancel.

For card refunds they are just refunded directly to the card used but for the QR code payment I had to add my KBank account details to Shopee.  Happily to refund was processed straight away and I received the money back later that day.

If you are that worried do COD, and when the delivery arrives the driver will give you a QR code to scan, which shows the price to pay, the same as when you buy petrol. No big problem stop you from using your card and the details being used by naughty people. I carry no more than 500baht and pay using QR nowadays for everything including massage!