What documents are required to open a cannabis dispensary in Thailand?

It's probably not the best time to open one.  Lots of questions as to what will happen in the next year or so.

Plus there was a recent article about them going after foreigners running them.

• Agree 1

Technically you can't open a legal cannabis dispensary shop in Thailand because recreational use of cannabis is not legal in Thailand. Only medical use is considered legal, although what constitutes medical use under the current law hasn't yet been clearly defined.  

So all the existing shops are still operating within a gray area. Operating a gray market businesses in Thailand also means having to make payoffs to the authorities on an ongoing basis. 

The current prime minister is also pushing to reverse the changes made to the cannabis laws in 2022 and to reclassify cannabis back to being a class 5 criminal narcotic drug before the end of 2024. He has also expressed his intent to shut down all existing cannabis dispensary shops by April of 2025. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Not for the export business 

Yes, the export business will remain for low THC medicinal products, oils and tinctures etc.

And given that farming remains the major employer in Thailand, and that the legal medicinal cannabis trade is growing worldwide, this could be a useful plus for the Thai economy.

But one of the goals of the review of the weed bill review is apparently to further protect the industry from foreigners, so I don't see much opportunity for foreigners coming out of it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

You have great timing, wanting to open right after the PM says he is going to outlaw it!

And, a great business sense, because obviously, one on every corner is simply not enough, let's open some more!

4 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

This is a wind up me thinks. 

Possibly an AI generated new OP (along with a couple of others recently). Seems that this site is desperate for new members and is having to resort to this. The wording of these recent topics is very 'robotic'.

• Confused 1

On 5/18/2024 at 7:48 AM, ignore it said:

Have you considered a one hour photo processing shop or an internet cafe?

Very difficult to find either nowadays.

We need another coffee shop or massage shop lol

On 5/18/2024 at 6:59 PM, Keeps said:

Possibly an AI generated new OP (along with a couple of others recently). Seems that this site is desperate for new members and is having to resort to this. The wording of these recent topics is very 'robotic'.

Oops, busted! Just kidding, I'm 100% human—promise! Let's keep the chat real and fun. What's next on the agenda?

Posted (edited)

Thank you so much everyone for your reply 
I haven't opened the shop yet but I am thinking of opening up real soon so just wanted to know suggestions from you all 
Thanks, everyone 
also to those who think it's AI-generated I did the test for you guys 🤣

image.png.48a0a152cf483104cdaeeeb536c8d0f5.png

Edited by Conan The Barbarian