ChatGPT 4o - Thoughts?

43 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Thanks, but 2 month ago and 2 hours. The video above is focused just on GPT-4o and gets to the point faster. 

From his YouTube page:

Joshua Chang

I like anything with a battery

That convinced me, he is obviously the expert... 

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

From his YouTube page:

Joshua Chang

I like anything with a battery

That convinced me, he is obviously the expert... 

So any thoughts on GPT-4o or would you rather debate about YouTubers all day?

• Agree 1

II think artificial intelligence is a dangerous toy in the hands of bad people. I believe that it is necessary to specify your ID data on all sites when registering so that you can track a person in case of something bad.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I'm currently debating where to put a few quid I have from asset liquidation. A mate sent me a report from ChatGPT-3.5 based on info he fed it as to the suitability, reliability and general safety of one proposed destination. The output was impressive. Very well written - a dead give away in this semi literate age - and encouragingly positive. It managed to weigh up the pros and cons, and produce an overall conclusion. It was favourable. I immediately felt extremely nervous. I mean, GIGO, right? It is, I suppose, a useful tool, but not one on which I would base any major decisions. So use with caution. It knows nothing about you, your situation, location, mental health, friends or any other important circumstances. But brilliant at what it does with the information it's given.

Edited by bradiston

17 minutes ago, bradiston said:

It knows nothing about you, your situation, location, mental health, friends or any other important circumstances. 

Personally, I would never want it to know those things because that's not what I would ever want to use it for. But it's heading that way. Eventually it will start remembering things about you from your interactions with it and be able to provide information, feedback, and responses tailored towards your persona. Again, not what I would want. But I think that's part of where it's heading. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

So far it hasn't helped. And, in fact, the factuality of the articles that are intended to be news has continued to decline. 

I think you're right. The trustworthiness also is really challenged. I mean, where's it getting its input?

23 hours ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Here is a good summary of what it can do:

Thanks for posting that. Informative, for me anyhow, and just the right length.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bradiston said:

I think you're right. The trustworthiness also is really challenged. I mean, where's it getting its input?

I don't think the AI is being used as the source of facts for the news articles. I think the writers take anecdotal information gathered from other sources (often unreliable and unconfirmed sources), drop it into the AI and ask the AI to write an article based on the information that the writers have provided to the AI. What you get is an article acting as factual news and information when it clearly is not. 

Or, the writers simply plagiarize other existing news articles by feeding the existing articles into the AI and ask the AI to rewrite the article to sound different, but to contain the same basic information. So it's just a regurgitated article that has been basically stolen from another source. 

Either way, it's not a good thing. The information put forward in many articles as being the facts is often just sensationalist conjecture and/or misinterpretations and incorrect translations of Thai language news articles. 

Edited by GrungthepGringo
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, gravity101 said:

I'd have turned it off after it started speaking like a Gen Z American. That aside chatGPT is coming on ok, it'll make AN articles better to read 😉

They'll probably have a Geordie or Brummie speaker coming along for you soon. Maybe with a Pashtun accent for extra authenticity.

In the meantime, a Kev In Thailand persona would probably do nicely for you. Lot of fans here. As he's deceased, his voice can be readily appropriated w/o legal ramification. Scarlett Johansson, now, had a problem, even though the voice used wasn't hers.

Edited by BigStar

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

They'll probably have a Geordie or Brummie speaker coming along for you soon. Maybe with a Pashtun accent for extra authenticity.

In the meantime, a Kev In Thailand persona would probably do nicely for you. Lot of fans here. As he's deceased, his voice can be readily appropriated w/o legal ramification. Scarlett Johansson, now, had a problem, even though the voice used wasn't hers.

For AN site members, once you can train the AI on the voice of your choice, they will probably want to create a voice speaking in broken mamasan/bar-girl English. Then they won't even need to go out to the bars; once they can chat all night with an AI model that sounds like a polite and respectful bar girl, and without having to pay for any lady drinks.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

For AN site members, once you can train the AI on the voice of your choice, they will probably want to create a voice speaking in broken mamasan/bar-girl English. Then they won't even need to go out to the bars; once they can chat all night with an AI model that sounds like a polite and respectful bar girl, and without having to pay for any lady drinks.

OK for rank noobs, but bar girl chat alone will immediately bore anyone w/ the least experience. To the bar gril persona, add Kev in Thailand accompaniment for that inane low "mate" barstool blather re: birds, bonking, footy, fish 'n' chips, bashing: now you got a winner.

Edited by BigStar

10 minutes ago, BigStar said:

OK for rank noobs, but bar girl chat alone will immediately bore anyone w/ the least experience. To the bar gril persona, add Kev in Thailand accompaniment for that low "mate" barstool blather re: birds, bonking, footy, fish 'n' chips, bashing: now you got a winner.

I hear ya, but bear in mind that the sound of the voice is only a "skin" or a "theme" laid on top of the AI model.

So whether it's Kev, Lek, your favorite tranny, David Attenborough, the Som-Tom lady, or Sean Connery's voice, it will still respond with the same level of knowledge and acuity no matter which voice you are employing.

So just imagine Kung from Up2U Bar being able to chat with you about quantum physics all night. Unfortunately though you'll still have to go down to Soi 6 for your happy ending. 

On 5/20/2024 at 12:30 PM, Mowerra said:

II think artificial intelligence is a dangerous toy in the hands of bad people. I believe that it is necessary to specify your ID data on all sites when registering so that you can track a person in case of something bad.

You are well behind the curve. You can already run a fairly big trained LLM model on hardware at home that is not much more expensive than a good gaming setup. There would therefore no place to "register".

Imagine what a state actor or international conglomerate could potentially do with this technology. This genie is well out of the bottle.

9 hours ago, bradiston said:

It knows nothing about you, your situation, location, mental health, friends or any other important circumstances.

As we are entering the phase of 'Personal Assistants' as first use case (on your phone?), your own model will know all that fairly quickly.

On 5/20/2024 at 10:36 AM, GrungthepGringo said:

Here is a good summary of what it can do:

One thing it didn't seem capable of doing in my case at least was recalling all the chat sessions I had previously had using ver 3.++ . As soon as the open Ai site upgraded to 4.o everything was wiped clean with no chance to recover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrungthepGringo said:

I hear ya, but bear in mind that the sound of the voice is only a "skin" or a "theme" laid on top of the AI model.

So whether it's Kev, Lek, your favorite tranny, David Attenborough, the Som-Tom lady, or Sean Connery's voice, it will still respond with the same level of knowledge and acuity no matter which voice you are employing.

So just imagine Kung from Up2U Bar being able to chat with you about quantum physics all night. Unfortunately though you'll still have to go down to Soi 6 for your happy ending. 

Bargirl Thaiglish will be either incomprehensible beyond the usual simple phrases or too much effort to follow on any topic our monger would like to discuss w/ a virtual bargirl. Moreover, anyone interested in chatting w/ a virtual bargirl would have no interest in quantum physics and bound to resent any "posh" accents, such as David Attenborough's, on grounds of class warfare.

For all the subjects of possible interest, notably birds, bonking, footy, fish 'n' chips, and bashing, not to mention anti-American slurs, Kev In Thailand's a good all-rounder. OpenAI: take note.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BigStar said:

For all the subjects of possible interest, notably birds, bonking, footy, fish 'n' chips, and bashing, not to mention anti-American slurs, Kev In Thailand's a good all-rounder. OpenAI: take note.

If that's the criteria, then my vote is for Brick Top from Snatch. 

Edited by GrungthepGringo

2 hours ago, GrungthepGringo said:

If that's the criteria, then my vote is for Brick Top from Snatch.

All you need, man. Me, I'll take the horny American Gen Zer, no-o-o problem. The Daily Show had an amusing satire on her, or Her. Vid opens at the time: