Thai Divorce from abroad

Thai visa

Looking for some general advice and options from those that have experience in this area for me to think over before consulting a lawyer. 

Wife is Thai, I’m from the UK. We married in Thailand 4 years ago. No kids. She works and has her own decent income, my income is substantially higher and I pay for most living expenses. We have since moved to another country in Asia. She was unfaithful and I have extensive evidence of this, we patched things up but things just haven’t been the same and I’m considering divorce, hopefully on good terms but need to prepare for the worst. 

I understand the simplest and best way to divorce would be to return to Thailand and complete an uncontested divorce at the amphur and reach an agreement on finances. 

A couple of questions I have: 

1. If she doesn’t wish to cooperate does anyone have a ball park figure on the cost to have a lawyer use the evidence of her affair to file for divorce? 
  2. Can I use a divorce for adultery and the reputational damage this would cause  as leverage to get an uncontested divorce? 
  3. I know assets after marriage are split 50:50 in Thailand -  if divorce is undertaken in Thailand would she be able to claim any of my savings outside Thailand in my current country of residence?
  4. Any recommendations on things I could do to protect my assets. She isn’t at home looking after my kids and I I pay all living expenses so do not see why she should get 50% and I would still give her enough to get on her feet if she moves back. 
  5. If she doesn’t accept an uncontested divorce what would be the options if I simply packed my bags and left and moved countries? I read after 3 years I can have a lawyer file for separation.