Manila hotel suggestions

• 2 months later...

You can check out hotels in BGC (Bonifacio Global City), but surely you'll have more options in Makati. Another city to look for hotels would be Paranaque if you want the location closer to the airport.

On 5/29/2024 at 3:37 PM, RickG16 said:

Sick of staying in Makati. Any suggestions for hotels in other areas not too far from the centre?

Preferably with a pool

Cheers guys 

unfortunately, Makati is the best game in town for hotels. BGC has some very good places to stay, but they are crazy expensive, like the Seda, Ascott, and Shangrila.

it seems there are now a few decent options that are more budget-friendly, but when i spent my time in the Phils BGC was solely lacking hotel; accommodation.   

8 minutes ago, DanyAsia said:

You can check out hotels in BGC (Bonifacio Global City), but surely you'll have more options in Makati. Another city to look for hotels would be Paranaque if you want the location closer to the airport.

nobody in their right mind chooses to stay in Parnaque, makati is bad enough.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

City Garden Grand gets my business. I had a great room with a view looking out over the city.

Two blocks from Burgos, cheap food across the street at a noddle shop. I mention this because the rooftop restaurant, Firefly is very good, but really pricey.

You could have stayed in a slighty worse hotel and spent what you saved on better food than noodles.....

But each to their own

Haven't been for a couple of years now but I usually stay at Picasso Suites in Makati. Good value (for Manila). Really big rooms with working space - they used to be apartments before they got converted to a hotel.

Good location, walking distance to Green Belt and also Burgos if that floats your boat.

Also there is a fantastic Spanish tapas restaurant and bar called Pablo Bistro that adjoins the hotel that you can access from the lobby.

https://www.picassomakati.com/

https://awesome.blog/2023/02/pablo-the-best-spanish-bistro-in-salcedo.html

Oh, no swimming pool though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You could have stayed in a slighty worse hotel and spent what you saved on better food than noodles.....

But each to their own

"But to each their own"

Exactly. I actually prefer won ton soups, dumpling soups, fried rice etc., to a lot of other food. Not a money matter just preferences.

Did have some decent Tandoori too.